STAR TREK 2d20

How far the carachters can see?

There is a way to limit the LoS distance for the characters?
    If the LoS is not obstructed, it looks like the characters can see everything for an unlimited distance.
    How can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by sonjsonj View Post
    There is a way to limit the LoS distance for the characters?
    If the LoS is not obstructed, it looks like the characters can see everything for an unlimited distance.
    How can I fix this?
    There is no fix for this at present. LoS has an unlimited distance now.

It is the #2 for item on the wish list.

Add your vote to the wishlist, and the developers have said they will look into it after FGU is fully released (not in Beta).

Hi sonjsonj, welcome to FG.

As noted there is no limit to LoS at the moment. If you want to limit vision you can use the mask as well as the LoS feature to limit the areas that the characters can see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you so much for replying

Is there an easier way to go in and out of Mask Mode to reveal portions of the map? Right now it seems like the only way is going through the radial menu for several clicks. This is very cumbersome to go in and out of mask mode as players explore an area.

Blog Entries
    Stay in mask mode. No need to exit it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When I am in mask mode, I can not manipulate the tokens to move around the map. There used to be an icon in the map toolbar at the top to enter and exit in FGC if I remember correctly. That would be so much easier than the radial menu. Perhaps I am doing things inefficiently and just not aware of it?

Blog Entries
    FGU has a similar menu, but the icon is three dots to expand the tool bar. But you can still select tokens, just zoom in. I've noticed with FGU that if you are not zoomed in enough you will not be able to select a token.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The menu is there, but there is not a mask mode option. If the map is locked, and I am in mask mode from the radial menu, you can not grab a token to move, as the mouse pointer is in mask mode. I suppose I can just keep the map image unlocked and switch between mask mode and play mode.

Thread Information