DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effects with a negative do not work as expected

The effect for Bane; ATK: -1d4; SAVE: -1d4 does not work, however, Bless; ATK: 1d4; SAVE: 1d4 does work.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Ruleset?
    5e ruleset
    Ultimate License Holder

D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    The effect for Bane; ATK: -1d4; SAVE: -1d4 does not work, however, Bless; ATK: 1d4; SAVE: 1d4 does work.
    that's a known issue as far as I know

As a workaround you can use e.g. ATK: 1d4-5 instead (it has exactly the same spectrum of numbers with the same "attached" probability, in general: -XdY becomes to XdY-K where K = X * Y + X; mathematically this works due to the symmetric probability distribution of the probabilities around the average/expectation value )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 1st, 2020 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    that's a known issue as far as I know

As a workaround you can use e.g. ATK: 1d4-5 instead (it has exactly the same spectrum of numbers with the same "attached" probability, in general: -XdY becomes to XdY-K where K = X * Y + X; mathematically this works due to the symmetric probability distribution of the probabilities around the average/expectation value )
    The software should just work as intended and expected.
    Thanks for the workaround coupled with the superfulous and pedantic details.
    Ultimate License Holder

The software should just work as intended and expected.
    I understand that and therefore I wrote that is probably already on the list of known things Beware that FGU is still beta.

I provided the workaround such that your effects do not break ingame Take it or not, but do not mock me.

(I just provided the details for people who are interested into that I have fun with exploring such things, which is why I liked your question because I dived into that then; this explanation were not meant to be as something bad for you or to provocate you, so, I hope you just misunderstood me, and/or that I misunderstood your new response )

EDIT: And when I provide solutions then I also want to explain why it works for people who want to understand it

EDIT2: It is tracked as: [FGU-853] - [5E] Negative dice effects not working (such as Bane)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 1st, 2020 at 04:09.

Wow. Just wow.

This is completely unnecessary. Please be respectful of people who have taken the time to help you.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information