5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players cannot see Target arrows

Ruleset(s): 5E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: FGC Migrated

Extensions/Themes: 5E Enhancer

Modules Loaded: All core books

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, English

Not sure if I'm missing something obvious but my players can't see the target arrows indicating distance to their targets. I can see them on the GM side, but both when I set the targets and they set them the players can't see the target arrows.
    This makes targetting almost impossible for them if they don't have a visual reference. Is there simply an option to switch this on that I am missing?

You can see how it looks on my screen.
    FGU_targetting.JPG

And for the players
    Attachment 36296

Actually I seem to have found the setting that switches it... but I'm not a fan of the compromise.
    In Options, turning on Party vision and movement displays the target arrows for the players. BUT this setting is a big performance drain on the large map I'm using.
    There isn't a way of getting those Target arrows visible for the player without having the Party vision setting on is there?

Blog Entries
    Known issue. Turn on Party Vision in the options.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Interesting, you are the second report I've seen of targeting arrows not being visible. I am not seeing that issue irrespective of the party vision setting. I'll need too do more testing I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Targeting arrows were not working for us too. 4e ruleset, 6 players. 4 on Windows 10, 2 on latest OS Macs. "Turn on Party Vision" fixed the issue.

I also only get targeting arrows if "party LOS" is enabled. (If the option is set to off, my 2nd instance gets no targeting arrows) (5e, corebooks, wood theme, a druid wildshape, and offhand weapon extension)

In the SWADE rule set, I don't even see a group[ LOS option to try to toggle. No targeting arrows appear for players. And the GM only sees them when mousing over an icon I think.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    In the SWADE rule set, I don't even see a group[ LOS option to try to toggle. No targeting arrows appear for players. And the GM only sees them when mousing over an icon I think.
    Turn on Party Vision.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There is no Party Vision that I see in the SWADE rule set.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    There is no Party Vision that I see in the SWADE rule set.
    Ah. LOS is being reworked significantly for the next update. It might have to wait until then and see if you still have an issue after that update.

Thread Information