DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 63 of 67 First ... 13536162636465 ... Last
    Can the SHAREDMG feature of this ext allow automation for a shield guardian auto taking half of any damage taken by the owner?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Yes, I have used it that way.

Edit: Here's a link to Zacchaeus explaining it with a screen shot. He's using both the Auras extension and Constitutional amendments:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post684044

I think most of the time in combat my PC is always within 5 feet of the Golem so I don't usually bother with using the Auras extension for this unless it's already in use.
    Last edited by Griogre; October 7th, 2023 at 16:54.

Sorry, I got called away before I could finish my thought. You want the Shield Golem to applied an effect like this on it's master:
    Code:
    Shield Golem; RESIST: all; SHAREDMG: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Sorry, I got called away before I could finish my thought. You want the Shield Golem to applied an effect like this on it's master:
    Code:
    Shield Golem; RESIST: all; SHAREDMG: 1
    This is not correct in all cases (I would even go as far to say in a lot of cases), I just wanted to point that out.

This will work if there is no resistance involved, however, if the master has a resistance then it would incorrectly not apply that resist before taking the damage and then "splitting" it.

Example.

If the Master of the Shield Golem, had resistance to fire, and took fire damage of say 30 before resistance, they should only take 15. However, this is going to make the master take 15, and the golem take 15. Which is a total of 30 damage, when the total should be 15.

Really the master should take 7, and the golem take 7. (round down)

The closest I've been able to get it working flawlessly is with the code below.

Code:
    Shield Golem; REDUCE: all; SHAREDMG: 1
    Using the ext Blissful Ignorance (However, BI is currently not working for this as noted in BI M&U said he was going to fix it)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/429/view
    Which really goes hand in hand with CA. (Made by M&U also)

That is a great point MrDTT. I haven't read the Shield Guardian ability in a while and was just thinking of the general rule of resistance is last. One thing about the shield guardian though is damage rounds *up* for it so it should be 7 on the master and 8 on the golem...

Edit: This is about the Shield Guardian not a Shield Golem...
    Last edited by Griogre; October 8th, 2023 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    That is a great point MrDTT. I haven't read the Shield Guardian ability in a while and was just thinking of the general rule of resistance is last. One thing about the shield guardian though is damage rounds *up* for it so it should be 7 on the master and 8 on the golem...

Edit: This is about the Shield Guardian not a Shield Golem...
    My bad, I wrote golem, but I was talking about Shield Guardian.

I'm not sure you can do anything to make it round up either, because it breaks the basic rule of 5E. (you of course write an ext to do this if you wished)

LOL I think I said Shield Golem first.

There is an extension on the Forge: Master's Amulet and Shield Guardian that might work, but while I can find a thread with a link to the forge I can't actually seem to get the extension from the forge so I can try it.

Thead: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hield-Guardian

I looked through the thread and couldn't find it, but might have rolled a Nat1 on my INT(investigation) check...

For a homebrew subclass, I am looking for an effect similar to the Draconic Soul Sorcerer, granting one maximum HP per level in the class.

I have tried with an added effect "MAXHP: [Lvl];" but it does not change the maximum HP. if I enter the level number in digits, it works.
    I did notice that Constitutional Amendments does accept numbers and/or die rolls as modifiers, according to the documentation. I thought that when the effect got applied, the term within the square brackets would be automagically translated by Fantasy Grounds. Does this not work with Constitutional Amendments, or is there something else that is acting up/I am doing wrong?

In addition, maybe you know what would have to be put into the brackets for a warlock, provided/once the evaluated modifier works?

P.S.: Other than this, I love this extension.

If you are using a PCTag it needs to be all caps. So MAXHP:[LVL] (I don't know if this works since it's a long time since I used any extensions).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

FYI, seeing an error with this extension on the Test channel when leveling up a PC using drag/drop method:
    Code:
     [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dice.lua"]:406: attempt to index local 'tOption' (a boolean value)

Thread Information