DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... Last

5E - Constitutional Amendments

Current Version: 2.4.4

I created an extension for FGC and FGU to expand on the automation capabilities for tracking HP.
    Added an option to toggle between taking the average or rolling HP when leveling up; per level HP results have been added to the Class and Level window. Manually changed class levels take effect after the control loses focus.
    Added an option added to toggle between displaying Wounds or Current Hit Points. (Inspired by, and replaces, Current HP made by Tielc and zuilin. With permission from zuilin.)
    Added an option to control whether NPCs have extra health fields for hit dice and death saving throws. This may also be specified on a per-NPC basis for any combatant on the CT by right clicking on their NPC sheet.

Adjustments to constitution, both permanent and via effect will accordingly adjust HP.
    Added a Heal action type to increase maximum HP.
    Added fields to NPC sheets on the combat tracker for Wounds, Temp HP, HP Adjustment, Hit Dice, and Death Saves. And added an option to disable showing them.

Support has been added for six new special damage types:
    • max*: The target's maximum hitpoints are reduced by the damage dealt.
    • steal*: The attacker is healed for the damage dealt to the target.
    • hsteal: The attacker is healed for half of the damage dealt to the target.
    • stealtemp*: The attacker is gains temporary hitpoints equivalent to the damage dealt.
    • hstealtemp: The attacker is gains temporary hitpoints equivalent to half of the damage dealt.
    • transfer*: The damage is dealt to the attacker and the target is healed by the damage taken.

*If one of these damage types is followed by a 'n' damage type, where n is any positive number, the secondary effect is scaled by n. E.g. steal, '0.5' is identical to hsteal.
    For example a vampire's bite can be fully automated by updating the damage entry to the following: [DMG: 1d6+4 piercing + 3d6 necrotic, max, steal]. And the Life Transference spell can be automated using: 4d6 necrotic, transfer, '2'.

Support has been added for MAXHP: x, which will adjust the total maximum hit points of the bearer by n which can dice and numbers.

Support has been added for SHAREDMG: n, and SHAREHEAL: n, where n is any number.
    • Any damage or healing, respectively, that is received by a creature with one of these effects will be shared with another creature, in proportion with n.
    • When the effect is targeted, the target of the effect will receive the shared damage or healing.
    • Then the effect is not targeted, the applier of the effect will receive the shared damage or healing.

The Warding Bond spell can be automated with: AC: 1; SAVE: 1; RESIST: all; SHAREDMG: 1.

Support has been added the following effects which apply to rolling hit dice to recover HP:
    • HD: x - Adds x when the hit die is rolled, where x can be dice and numbers.
    • HDMULT: n - Causes the result of a hit die roll to be multiplied by n, where n is any number. Note: extra dice added by HD effects are not multiplied, but extra flat numbers are.

Abilities, Class Features, Ancestral Traits, and Feats can all be configured to grant hit points (as the Tough feat, for example). Simply right click on the name of the ability's window to enable and set the desired value in the field that is shown.

Check it out on The Forge or at GitHub and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
    Hope it helps!

Known Issues
    • Changes to PC maximum health are not reflected in the Players' Combat Tracker unless the DM has the Combat Tracker open as well.

Last edited by MeAndUnique; March 15th, 2023 at 22:47. Reason: Version update

If this is adjusting the max hit points of a character, is it remembering the original max HP somewhere for the character? Since eventually it will need to get adjusted back to the original value.

Also, in your example, is all of the damage being used for the max and steal or just the necrotic (because only the value of the necrotic damage is what the reduction if from).

The original value is remembered for PCs, though not NPCs. On the PC Main sheet there is a new "ADJ" field that tracks the adjustments to maximum HP. Incidentally, this also works for the bonus HP Psionic Enhancement option of the original Soulknife UA class.

Yes, only the necrotic damage is considered for the additional effects in the example. Also, vulnerability, resistance, and immunity are handled accordingly.

This sound really cool! I'll have to check it out later.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

This looks pretty nice. I just wish I had it for Curse of Strahd which we just finished!!

Nice work,
    We'd just been discussing vampiric creature effects in our campaign, looks like you may well have solved our issue with them.

Cheers, Steve.

Really cool extension. Any idea if it and Current HP could somehow be made compatible?

This is a GREAT idea for an extension -- perfect for Tomb of Annihilation's death curse effect! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    Really cool extension. Any idea if it and Current HP could somehow be made compatible?
    MeAndUnique, I absolutely don't want to step on your toes but I have just been tinkering with your code to make it work with Current HP like ScriedRaven asked. Is it alright if I share my changes here? Or if you'd prefer I can DM you, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    This is a GREAT idea for an extension -- perfect for Tomb of Annihilation's death curse effect! Thanks!

MeAndUnique, I absolutely don't want to step on your toes but I have just been tinkering with your code to make it work with Current HP like ScriedRaven asked. Is it alright if I share my changes here? Or if you'd prefer I can DM you, etc.
    I appreciate you taking a look at it! Consider my toes unstepped on Feel free to share here. Alternatively, make a pull request on the Github project and I can look at merging in to the baseline directly.

Thread Information