DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 59 of 66 First ... 9495758596061 ... Last
    Just released version 2.4.4 which restores the MAX heal option that was lost in a recent FG update. Additionally, manual changes made to Class level are executed when the control loses focus so that typing "10" doesn't revert the character to level 1 before re-levelling them all the way up to level 10.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

I've been receiving the following error message every time I open the Combat Tracker. However, I have no idea which extension it applies to. Could Constitutional Amendments cause this message? No other context is provided.

[3/29/2023 3:26:01 PM] [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (hp) in control (hp) in class (ct_entry)

Quote Originally Posted by cwsoots View Post
    I've been receiving the following error message every time I open the Combat Tracker. However, I have no idea which extension it applies to. Could Constitutional Amendments cause this message? No other context is provided.

[3/29/2023 3:26:01 PM] [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (hp) in control (hp) in class (ct_entry)
    I just tested with the latest version and I am not seeing this error. When you load the extension does it show v2.4.4 in the chat window?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 164225.png

Yes, I'm running v2.4.4. The error only occurs when I first open the CT in a session. If I close and reopen it, it doesn't happen. As I mentioned, I'm trying to find out what extension is causing this error. It may not be this one, or it may be a conflict between this one and another. I saw "hp" and took a guess that it might be this one...

Well that is odd. I know that I was running an older version for a while and it was behaving similarly. If I recall correctly though, the issue there being related to trying to call a nil value, so I'm pretty sure that is unrelated.

It could potentially be a recent update breaking compatibility with another extension. Or it could be one of the creatures in the combat tracker having something weird with their hp. The simplest thing to try would be to create a new campaign with all the same extensions enabled and just open the combat tracker. If you get the error message, you know it's your extensions, if you don't, it is something in your combat tracker causing the problem.

If it is one of your extensions and you can't recreate it with one of them individually enabled, you can load them all up then take them off one by one to find the ones that are not playing nicely together.

My instincts were correct. It is Constitutional Amendments (CA) that is causing the error message. I disabled every other extension except CA, and the error message occurs when I open the CT for the first time. I also removed all extensions to confirm that the error message does not appear unless this extension is loaded. I'm happy to provide my full logs if needed. The error is: "[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (hp) in control (hp) in class (ct_entry)". No other information or messages are provided.

My instincts were correct. It is Constitutional Amendments (CA) that is causing the error message. I disabled every other extension except CA, and the error message occurs when I open the CT for the first time. I also removed all extensions to confirm that the error message does not appear unless this extension is loaded. I'm happy to provide my full logs if needed. The error is: "[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (hp) in control (hp) in class (ct_entry)". No other information or messages are provided.
    You able to make this happen in a new campaign or just an old one?

Thanks for the troubleshooting guidance, ThatDudeOverThere and MrDDT! It appears to be resolved at this time. Here are the steps I took... It did not occur in a new campaign. I also tested the other weekly campaign that I run, and it also did not occur in that campaign. I then removed all the characters from the CT, and then relaunched the campaign. The error did not occur with a clean CT. I reloaded the characters and their active effects and relaunched once more. So far, the error has not reappeared. Chalk this one up to db corruption...?

Thanks for the troubleshooting guidance, ThatDudeOverThere and MrDDT! It appears to be resolved at this time. Here are the steps I took... It did not occur in a new campaign. I also tested the other weekly campaign that I run, and it also did not occur in that campaign. I then removed all the characters from the CT, and then relaunched the campaign. The error did not occur with a clean CT. I reloaded the characters and their active effects and relaunched once more. So far, the error has not reappeared. Chalk this one up to db corruption...?
    Seems like it. Most likely one of the entries in the combat tracker was causing the problem. I am glad you got it sorted!

Thread Information