STAR TREK 2d20

Outlines of Terrain Objects showing beyond LoS

Hi All,

I am new to FG Unity (and FG in genreal). I have been watching videos, reading the wiki, joined a discord group for questions, and am general trying to learn everything i can before running an adventure (its been a while since i ran one... so learning 5e as well).

I really love the LoS mechanic on the map, and have been using one of the basic maps to build a One shot dungeon to test with some players.

While building this, I have noticed that the terrain objects (Tables, chairs, doors etc) are visible as a ghostly outline to the players when the map is shared, even though they have not been to those areas yet and revealed with the LoS.

DMvPlayer LoS.PNG

Although they can be hard to see, I feel they should not be there at all.

I have tested this with another person connecting as a player, whom confirmed they could see all the terrain objects without exploring the map.

This would give away things like a Treasure chest I have put behind a secret door.

Is anyone able to assist with why these are showing and how to stop it happening?

Thank you,

J

PS. I have the FG unity Standard package, and have not yet purchased books, so testing with the basic rules and free objects.

Update:

Still not able to resolve this issue, and it seems to be not limited to terrain objects added to a map.

Any extra Layer put on top of the base map seems to hae these ghostly outlines when in player mode

Ghostly Outlines.PNG

Would really appreciate any assistance on this, as dont want my players to see anything beyond the Line of Site.

Thanks,

J

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiax View Post
    Update:

Still not able to resolve this issue, and it seems to be not limited to terrain objects added to a map.

Any extra Layer put on top of the base map seems to hae these ghostly outlines when in player mode

Ghostly Outlines.PNG

Would really appreciate any assistance on this, as dont want my players to see anything beyond the Line of Site.

Thanks,

J
    This issue will be resolved in the LOS refactor available in the next update. That update includes a number of changes to the underlying LOS system and includes migration of FGU to an updated networking library. As such, we are trying to give it some extra scrutiny before releasing. Thanks for your patience.

Blog Entries
    The devs have stated elsewhere this is a known issue and will hopefully be resolved in their next update which is making significant changes to LOS and visibility.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@pindercarl & @LordEntrails.

Thank you both for the information.

Happy to hear it is known about and being sorted, No rush, good scrutiny is a much better plan than releasing before ready.

Sorry If i was pestering by adding a reply to the post, but was unable to find any info on this elsewhere. Was probable searching for different terms

J

Thread Information