5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Reveal/Hide Fog of War?

Is there a way to reveal or hide portions of the map in their "Fog of War" mask-sensitive mode?

E.G.: I want to reveal the Exit of a map while the PCs are at the Start. I want the area to be dimmed out (it's a place they cannot see now) with the Fog, but visible.

E.G.: I forgot to SHIFT while Dragging a character's token, which revealed far too much of the map. Can I reset ONLY a specific area (and not the entire map)?

Basically, to act just like the Mask tool, but for FoW instead.

If yes, how do I go about this?

You can right click on token > Visibility > Reset LoS; but you can't reset it or fill it back in like you can with the mask. You can't manually reveal an area of LoS either. You need to have a token in the area for the LoS to work. I suppose you could place one of the party members tokens in the area you want and then move it back.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 30th, 2020 at 11:39.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well damn. Revealing won't be too much of a pain, just gotta work a l'il extra with LoS walls (Maybe make the area surrounded by a Toggleable Wall).

That first bit, though, re-masking FoW, I was kind of really hoping for, especially for some of my more labyrinthine maps. I guess I'll have to resort to re-mapping it as individual characters after resetting FoW for those I screw up with. XD

Thread Information