FG Spreadshirt Swag

AD&D 2E - New Menu issues

Hello there!

I have been running a campaign in D&D 2E in fantasy grounds. I have recently updated the client via the startup menu. During startup something popped up about a new menu, I assumed this would be a positive UI/UX change but have found it to be a bit clunky and requires more work to get to functions I need. I have unfortunately not found a way to remove this menu change from my campaign(I am still new at DM'ing in FG). Is there any way to salvage this without having to make a completely new campaign? I have spent many hours prepping encounters, items, npcs, that I don't want to lose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Blog Entries
    Go into Options and change back to default. Exit the program and relaunch.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Go into Options and change back to default. Exit the program and relaunch.
    Thank you so much! Such a simple fix, I was totally lost so I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by im131mm View Post
    but have found it to be a bit clunky and requires more work to get to functions I need.
    I'm curious, can you explain this? I want to improve the interface, not make it worse. Can you detail what requires more work to get to functions?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm curious, can you explain this? I want to improve the interface, not make it worse. Can you detail what requires more work to get to functions?
    Hoepfully we'll see what im131mm says, but I think it gets to what I have been trying to say about UI/UX from day one; No UI/UX is going to be ideal for everyone.

Personally, I can't image any menu driven interface being my preferred UI/UX. But, I also understand that for many people it is what they want/expect.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No UI/UX is going to be ideal for everyone.
    That's no excuse to not address UI problems. There is loads of data to back up that users find more modern UI systems easier to learn and use daily. Whether one is "used" to the current system doesn't really address the problem. Infact there is data to suggest that people that initially try a new system will says it's worse until they've used it for a time. Ask them a month later and you'll get entirely different results (they like it).

Some people don't like change, but change isn't bad.

There are a many resources to use these days. I find the Material UI site to be helpful.

Material is an adaptable system of guidelines, components, and tools that support the best practices of user interface design. Backed by open-source code, Material streamlines collaboration between designers and developers, and helps teams quickly build beautiful products.

I asked the question to the OP because I designed the system to reduce the work/confusion with the current systems to open/use menus. I mean the Book button alone is worth the change over....If they can point out what I missed, I'll be happy to correct it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I don't care to argue with you. I appreciate your efforts, but I don't agree with all your views. I do hope im131mm replies so that you can continue to improve your interface. I don't see the issue as either/or, but rather as many dimensional with an infinite variety of values along every axis. In short, their is no right or wrong, only different for different people.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information