DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

M&M Test version discussion

We have had a few reports of people that are unhappy with the improvements and changes to the M&M ruleset in the Test channel that we want to address long-term. That said, we are not looking at trying to enhance the ruleset any further at this point (i.e. no feature requests), just address issues that people are having specific to functionality in old version that is no longer available in the new version. Superteddy57 has done a lot of work to bring the ruleset up to the similar level of functionality as other rulesets in our catalog, so the plan is to move in a forward direction.

So, if you have specific items that worked in the old version of the ruleset that are not working in the new version of the ruleset, then please provide details of exactly the functionality that you are missing. Exact steps to recreate the issue will help me understand the issue (since I don't know M&M system); so Supperteddy57 and I can discuss ways to provide any missing functionality without sacrificing new updates.

Regards,
    JPG

We are testing this out now. I'll keep screenshots and notes to be able to explain what (if any) problems we encounter. First off, I do like the new look - feels sharp and updated. Looking forward to testing out my character's powers.

Missing Effect DC (Resistance Checks) and so other minor issues

M&M Old vs New and missing effect DCs.pdf

I've detailed the main issue with screenshots and explanations in the attached PDF. Let me know if you have any issues opening it.

I was able to open the PDF and will look through it's contents. Thank you for providing the information.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Valcorin beat me to it, with his PDF, but I'm sending mine along as well, even if there's some redundancy – I wanted to emphasize a few of the things that he touched on.

I do like much of what you're doing with the rule set – the look is very nice, drag-and-drop seems improved, and the library is very well done! But all of that is less important, at least for me, than the loss of critical combat functionality. I hope this PDF makes my concerns clear.

Thanks for your work, and for looking at our concerns!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think this one covers my last major issue...

Since many of the examples provided were what worked in the original code, I scrapped my combat engine and used the original code. The only changes I made were updating the syntax of some functions to it's modern counter part. I committed a new update for review with these changes and would ask to give them a try and report in the bug thread any issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

The Archetype files, with tokens...

Thank you!
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Here's the new Battlesuit from the Classic Test server. Please let me know if it's OK ASAP.

Thread Information