DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Hi, I know this thread hasn't been active, but I wasn't sure where else to ask about the CP2020 extension on Fantasy Grounds Unity. I'm using the Demo version, but my friend has the full version, not sure if that matters.

I downloaded the v1.24 CP2020 extension, and the MoreCore Ruleset from the Forge. Which resolved some of the LUA script issues I had when initially trying the extension. But, I get script errors even after all of that.
    [ERROR] Script Execution error: [string "MCCP2020v1.24:..pts/data_library_cp2020.lua"]:6: attempt to call field 'setStackIconSizeandSpacing' (a nil value) <= This error occurs on start up of a new campaign
    [ERROR] Script Execution error: [string "C:char_skill:total"]:15: attempt to call field 'getActor' (a nil value) <= This error occurs when attempting to use a skill from a character sheet.

Now, I understand that these lua files are running scripts, and I can open them in something like Notepad++. And I can open this "data_library_cp2020.lua" file, and see that on line 6, we try to call the "DesktopManager.setStackIconSizeAndSpacing(47, 27, 3, 3, 4, 0)"
    Is the error saying that the method "setStackIconSizeAndSpacing( . . .)" isn't found? Is it saying that the parameters being passed to it aren't found? Or, is it saying that the return value of this function/method is null/nil?

At the end of the day, I want to resolve the issues, so I can try and play CyberPunk 2020 using FGU. But, if along the way, I learn a thing or two, that'd be great.

From the errors, it appears the extension hasn't been updated with the changes from it's creation to the current code structure in FGU. So the extension would have to be updated to resolve those issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    From the errors, it appears the extension hasn't been updated with the changes from it's creation to the current code structure in FGU. So the extension would have to be updated to resolve those issues.
    Okay, that's a start. Are there any resources to see what kind of changes would need to be made? Maybe just crack open a working extension for the MoreCore ruleset and figure out what's different?

You can look over the wiki and check out the developer guides there. The discord for FG has a mod_creation channel to ask questions in real time or the workshop here on the forums.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Yeah, I was ignoring it and was trying to recreate it from scratch. The problem I ran into was the skills tab.When I try to create it, based off of how other rulesets were done it takes that tab approximately 4 seconds to load on initial startup. That has driven me bonkers, and I kinda stepped away to do other things.

Let me revisit it, and see what progress I can make. There are things I can do to make it work a lot like CP RED, so I can use that as a visual template.

Blog Entries
    What you can do is check whether there are ANY skills and if there are do not run the script. That will be quicker.
    The script you reference is only running once per toon per session.
    Ofc when you are coding and doing non stop restarts and coding tweaks those 4 seconds start to add up

Cyberpunk 2020 reboot

Hi, so since the CP2020 Extention does not appear to work anymore, how would I go about fixing it. I know the time of the Red is out. but after getting the pdf, and reading over it. I am thinking it not going to satisfy my itch to play Cyberpunk.

So I guess my question is, Is there anything I can do to get the CP2020 Extension working? or will I have to create the ruleset from scratch?

Well MoreCore is flexible and could be set by a GM to get it to play with a bit more automation than tabletop/CoreRPG. The extension was built to be more specialized towards this system. With the lack of support unfortunately, you would have to open up the extension and bring it in line with the latest MoreCore and CoreRPG updates. In most cases looking at the errors generated by the console would point you to see if it's an easy fix or a complicated one. Depending on the last time it was updated, it might be easier to start over if you are knowledgeable with the FG coding process.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Please! Please!
    Someone get us some 2020 on FGU
    R20 has 2020, Foundry has 2020.
    Red makes me sad.

Thread Information