FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Maybe this is being over thought out.

This is how it works now. One of the players sees a NPC token shown by the LOS (token becomes visible). I search in the CT to show that NPC (click on the eye icon). Everybody sees that NPC in CT. That's fine.

I would be happy if FGU automated that. No separate visibility for every PC in CT. Just turn visibility on CT from false to true (just like me clicking that eye icon). The question is if Unity knows the visibility state of the token, cant that "eye" function in CT be triggered on? That is the extent of the functionality I would want. No need to turn off the CT visibility once players see the token.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Maybe this is being over thought out.

This is how it works now. One of the players sees a NPC token shown by the LOS (token becomes visible). I search in the CT to show that NPC (click on the eye icon). Everybody sees that NPC in CT. That's fine.

I would be happy if FGU automated that. No separate visibility for every PC in CT. Just turn visibility on CT from false to true (just like me clicking that eye icon). The question is if Unity knows the visibility state of the token, cant that "eye" function in CT be triggered on? That is the extent of the functionality I would want. No need to turn off the CT visibility once players see the token.
    This ^

I don't think it would be problematic in my game if the NPC seen by one player is seen by all. At any rate, it's a preferable state to the NPC seen by one player or all players due to an LOS reveal, yet still not showing up in the CT until I search through, match up Kobold 4 with Kobold 4, and click "reveal."

The demo of the new lighting system appears to address this 'problem' in a roundabout sort of way; it hides NPC characters on the map that can't be seen with the available light from each individual character. Perhaps there is some way of linking the combat tracker to LOS? i.e. when a player characters 'light'/LOS loses sight of a NPC, then that NPC could be automatically set to 'hidden' in the combat tracker for that player character? Just a thought...

Thread Information