DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Missing something (Class features)

I feel like I'm missing something on the character creation side for Starfinder Core Rules. I can add the race and theme with no problem, but when I go to add a Class, none of the class abilities come over as I expect, and I can't find the abilities to move in manually anywhere in the ruleset. Is this an issue with the core book that is resolved with one of the expansion books, or has something gotten messed up with this ruleset?

I have the Core Rules and the Starfinder Society file so far.

You're going to have to be a tad more specific in what you are doing and what you are/aren't seeing.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I follow the same process that I use to build a character in the other systems that I have (Pathfinder, Pathfinder 2e, Dungeons and Dragons 5e, etc) - I drag the Race to the character sheet, and everything populates as expected. I then drag the Theme over, and everything populates as expected. I then drag my chosen class open, and no special abilities are populated. I go into the class, and I notice that there are no class features populated in the class itself, so I go looking for where that information may be stored separately, but I'm not able to find anything associated with it outside of the class tables - I don't have anything in the Features or Special Features sections, and I don't see the entries that I would expect to see there in any of the other sections. I will note that this is a change from when I had first purchased the ruleset, and I at least had most of the class features loaded properly, but was still missing the specialization choices (Primary Attack type, etc) for the Soldier. So, at this point, I am left to wonder if I am missing something, if something was removed on the back end that shouldn't have been, or if this is something that is corrected with one of the other sourcebooks in the system, especially as I haven't seen this issue pop up in the forums so far.

I'll preface this with the fact that the coding changes that took place to support Alien Archive 3 and COM did indeed change how some things work...but I just created a Soldier checked the Abilities tab on the sheet and all seems correct to me. You do have to manually add the Primary Fighting Style now, as well as the level 1 feature that goes with that PFS. If you want to post your character XML, I can take a look and see if I see anything going on with it.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I only have the core rules and I'm having the same problem. In create campaign, I can make a character and everything goes across ok. In manage characters, I add technomancer and soldier and the class features or proficiencies don't come through automatically

I only have Core Rulebook loaded, and when I make Soldier and Technomancer, Abilities and Proficiencies come in just fine. If you are having a problem, export your character XML file and attach it.

Soldier_Technomancer.png
    aka Laendra

Thanks Deer_Buster. Here is the xml file

Still new to Fantasy Grounds so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ex Exerciser; May 27th, 2020 at 14:49.

Tosses this error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:25: attempt to call global 'upDatePCAbilities' (a nil value)
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I would suggest that you delete 2 things. Your SFRPG.pak in the rulesets folder, and the PZOSMWPZO7101FG.dat file in the vault folder, then restart FG and try again with a new campaign.
    aka Laendra

Tried the delete of the 2 files, reopened FG then updated to get the starfinder rules back. Unfortunately it didn't help when I was managing characters. Class skills are added but class features are not. I suppose I'll have to create characters in GM mode and export them.

Thread Information