Hey all, using the 5e rule set below.

I'm having players report issues connecting to a cloud hosting game. They'll enter my GM name and hit "start" and it will just say "connecting" and hang. They'll have to cancel out a time or two before it failing and asking for a password. Not sure why it is, some connect no problem.

In addition to this, I've had some less tech savvy players that have found the connection screen a bit confusing with entering the DM name near the top of the window but then having nothing to indicate that they can/need to click "Start" if the game is unlisted.

My thought would be to slightly revise the GUI. Move the "Enter DM Name" box below the servers list and have a button for "filter" so it would filter the publicly posted connections and a "connect" button (rather than "start"). Feels like a more readable UX layout that may make some folks lives a bit easier.

Also, allowing the entry of a password before trying to direct connect to a server so it doesn't have to fail seems like it would just make sense.

Just some thoughts, I'd love to hear comments and see if we can't solve the worlds connection problems one forum post at a time.