5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Sidekick Control

Hello all,

I am trying to give a player control of a sidekick or NPC in my game and it is not working for me. I am using the Dragon of Icespire Peak module with no other modules loaded and no themes loaded. I have followed the step by step instructions that are listed in the "Using this Module" section of the text.

1 Place the NPC onto the Combat Tracker from the NPC list.
    2 Change the Faction of the NPC to Friendly by clicking on the red skull icon until it is green.
    3 Drag the NPC onto the map.
    4 Drag the NPC using the link symbol on the far right of the NPC entry on the combat tracker and drop it onto the portrait of a character at the top left of the screen.

After doing this, the NPC sheet does pop up on the player's screen as if the link has been created however they still do not have control over the NPC. The player cannot "select" the NPC token and cannot move the token.
    I have tried this with a friend that has his own account and I also have logged in locally with a second instance of FG on my own machine to use as a player and I have the same issue with both.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue currently or have any tips/suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Blog Entries
    Try turning the Option Party Vision to on. It's introduction has changed some behavior in ways that I think was unintended.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I was having the same problem in todays game. No players can move the Wagon token I use on big maps like the Sword Coast. It even hard crashed the player on a new Mac. Others got this error when double clicking the token:

[<color="red">ERROR</color>] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (space) in control (space) in class (npc_combat_vehicle)

After the game I tested Party Vision to ON. I can move the token after this change. Switched Party Vision OFF, no movement of token.

I also had problems with no players being able to view the play map their tokens are on (it was all black with the grid showing). The all (5 players) had to exit FG then re-log in. Then they were able to see the map texture.

Before this Party Vision toggle, I always turned Party Vision off with the radial menu and never had any issues. Weird that having it as a standard function would cause so many issues.

This worked beautifully! Thank you for the help!

Thread Information