DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 37 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Sadly, the issue is in both.
    Also, just to be sure I updated everything and re-downloaded the extension plus the modules.

After testing I found it was working fine in FGC (not sure your issue there) however I found it was not working in FGU.

Fixed 1.15 .ext can be download an overwrite current frp.ext.

For those interested:
    There has either been a core rpg or FGU update that had broken it, With extensions you try and minimise the code you bring across and only bring what is required. There is certain elements where a xml calls a script locally not a global script. In the past this looked at the the extension location for the script and throw up errors if it was not there, so you copied the .lua file across to replace, you also did not need to include this line in a merge="join" addition.

However as usual code changes either on purpose or accidentally and the big wigs break stuff and I had to hunt for 3 hours working out what is broken. There is no error message because it can see code but its now the RMC code not my modified code, and I have to basically hunt for this function by function until I realised what was going on. 3 FRIGGEN HOURS! and I find we now need to add call script code. That one little line below in bold.

<windowclass name="charsheet_skillwindow" merge="join">
    <sizelimits>
    <minimum>
    <height>20</height>
    </minimum>
    <maximum>
    <height>20</height>
    </maximum>
    </sizelimits>
    <script file="campaign/scripts/charsheet_skillwindow.lua" />
    <sheetdata>
    On a side note since RMC still has old code I would recommend Dakadin not to have locally called scripts from XML and always use global scripts, they just create too may issues for extensions.
    Last edited by Ardem; October 6th, 2020 at 07:59.

It's now working as intended, thanks Ardem.

Well done Ardem. Thank you again for all your efforts in keeping this extension up to date. It is most appreciated.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    On a side note since RMC still has old code I would recommend Dakadin not to have locally called scripts from XML and always use global scripts, they just create too may issues for extensions.
    Ardem, you can't just have global scripts because you need to call the code from somewhere. The local scripts are attached to the windows and controls so they can automate them. The local scripts would then call the global scripts. I've moved quite a bit to global scripts but that was so that it would be easier to make rule specific changes like you are doing for RMFRP. I basically tried to move most of the code to scripts that are rules related.

Hi Dakadin,

When I am talking global scripts, I am talking about the scripts that are loaded in base.xml and then called such like Rule_PC.functionname()

I am not sure any limitation in these script choices but I could be wrong. Either way I now know what to watch out for, if this problem rises again.

Version 2.16 is available.

Scroll bars now added the the Category and Secondary Skill Tables, this will help the FGU issue not seeing all the skills and make it easier to find skills in both versions.

This version is thanks the Griffonbait, hope you like it.

I just noticed a small detail when transcribing a character from paper to FG, it seems like then encumbrance penalties used are those from RMC and not RMFRP.
    (Tested in Classic and Unity)

Also, for some reason in FGC, both the skills and skill categories are benefiting from the attribute bonuses.
    Last edited by Samzagas; October 11th, 2020 at 02:58.

Will look into it thanks.

Are you sure on this
    "Also, for some reason in FGC, both the skills and skill categories are benefiting from the attribute bonuses."

Can you provide a screenie

I am assuming you mean Stat Bonuses when referring to attribute bonuses. If so, Samzagas, I am not seeing that issue. In fact 2.15/16 fixed the skill issues that I had seen up to that point.

I have found one new categories/skills issue in the Spells sections:

All spell categories and skills have a calculation error when skill ranks are from 21-30. See pic.

The Limited progression is: 0 • 1 • 1 • 0.5 • 0 So at Lvl 20 a PC would have 20 skill bonus and at 30 the bonus will max out to be 25. You can see in the pic that the Rank Bonus value of +25 first appears at ranks 31 and that lvls 21-30 have used something weird for the calculated bonus - there is an extra +10 in there. ranks 21 should have a rank bonus of 20; 22 a bonus of 21; 23 a bonus of 21; 24 a bonus of 22, etc, up to ranks 29 a bonus of 24, and 30 that has 25, which is the max.

I haven't checked if all other progressions suffer a similar issue. Finding the issue was happenstance, teaching a player about the Limited progression.

Spells Skills Issue.png

And a very minor issue:

Mispelling skill: Spatial Loocation Awareness - must have something to do with men and their accuracy to aim at the toilet wall/carriage wheel/tree/bowl/etc.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Griffonbait; October 11th, 2020 at 13:18.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Thread Information