FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 37 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    Hey folks! Anyone know if the RM Companion I is compatible with the FRP extension?

Quote Originally Posted by DodjerArtfell View Post
    Hey folks! Anyone know if the RM Companion I is compatible with the FRP extension?
    You shouldn't have any issues if you keep a balanced game.

If it is:

Optional Spell "Laws" + New Spell Lists - They should be monitored during play &/or read beforehand, checking them for balance issues with the expectations of your game. Arcane is detailed in RMSS (RM3 is RM4 FRP compatible). See the ICE #5600 - RMSS - Arcane Companion as well. You will, of course, have to input the lists yourself. This is what I am doing as I need them.

Optional Character "Laws" - Races - check for the current version implementation, otherwise you will need to rework these for compatibility. I have done this a fair bit. Professions, there are generalised guidelines in FRP about the different types (non-spell users, semi's, etc), see ICE #5800P - RMFRP - Rulebook, p.103 for Spell List DP Cost Table T-2.4 &/or use ICE #5806P - RMFRP - Expansion - Character Law, p.119 Master Standard Skill Category Development Point Cost Table M-2.8 to act as a guide for specifically related professions. Alternatively, see "Converting From Old To New" in ICE #5807P - RMFRP - Expansion - Gamemaster Law, p.111. I tend to implement things in a mashup way by utilising all references to guide me. Again, you will have to input the new professions yourself.

Items and Equipment - haven't really changed. Just add them in as new items.

Tactical and Physical Factors - They haven't really changed much. Use as is. I use the Breaking "150" in all my games. I don't use the CCS.

Creatures - Check for the current version implementation, otherwise they have never really changed after 1e. Otherwise, you will have to input the monsters as new NPCs yourself - I do this quite regularly as I convert D&D creatures and other gaming systems, (including unlisted creatures from RM1, 2, & 5) to RMFRP.

City Design: Use as is, but you will need to add any tables yourself

Childbirth and Sibling Generation: Use as is, but you will need to add any tables yourself.

Game Aids: Enter the data needed yourself. E.g. Kit #2 The Outdoorsman: Add this as a new Item with its description stating the pack's contents. Then provide links to the individual items in the description for easy access.
    Last edited by Griffonbait; August 16th, 2021 at 07:58.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Thanks Griffonbait!

How about the force from weight and throw mass factors?

The data will work, however the Optional Rules will not work as they are RMC rules.

The race data will not be 100% your best to redo them as they are missing the Body Development points for automatic hitpoints.

Else Griffonsbait details seem to be correct.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Optional Rules would probably need to be a separate extension or mod, I don't know how complex it would be to code every single option into dropdowns in a setup window, but it could pretty soon make the extension unusable.

Yeah, I do add my own data as needed. Optional rules will only come up occasionally unless they are a main part of your ruleset usage.

I use many optional rules based around ChL, AL and SL for various situations. Those data sets I have made are mostly given to Ardem and are in the FRP, but they do not have rules that change the FRP system basics - they are usually data sets of Spell Lists.

Crit Tables like: Acid, Mangling, etc, that are not part of FRP, I still use from RM2 days, but I haven't added them in as rollable tables. Rather I make the table into an image (from the book) and the players can see that (if they so wish) when they roll on it. It does have more manual work to add PC effects/conditions - bleed, stun, etc. Other rule like Close Quarters Combat and Restricted Space Combat are implemented on the fly.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Update 2.36 Just a quick update to keep thigs compatible with 2.1.33 just released
    ------------------
    Ardem

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Ok guys I have added this to forge. I let you guys know when that is complete, so no need to check the forums for updates.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Ok guys all done. This means no more checking to see if there is a later mod or ext as it it will update for you.

FORGE approved

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view

Remember to remove your mods and EXT from the data/extension and modules directory's as this get saved to the Vault.
    ------------------
    Ardem

2.38 is in the Build queue on Forge for the new version of RMC 2.1.34

Nothing new just make sure it compatible.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Thread Information