STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 37 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Sorry to bother again, but I just wanted to call attention to a small issue I've found.
    The character sheets are still using the RM2/RMC weight penalties instead of the RMSS/RMFRP ones, here are a couple of screenshots.
    x1 penalty.PNG
    x2 Penalty.PNG
    x3 Penalty.PNG

OK I think I fixed the issue with weights, if it is wrong let me know. DL 2.18 front page

Oh yeah there is a reason i am not naming the FRP2.18 and so forth, because guaranteed, someone come in once they download it and have two copy in the ext and not get rid of the other one and click on the wrong copy etc and make it hard to problem solve.

If you want please go ahead Download and rename the version after your download it if it helps you out just remember to get rid of the previous version.
    Last edited by Ardem; October 27th, 2020 at 10:42.

Thanks, seems to be working fine.

Hello, do you already have smooth stats.ext ?

HI guys. Playing around with thhis extension to get some rolemaster going with my group. Can I ask
    1. Everyman/occupational/ restricted skills/ are in RMSS. Are they in RMFRP and if so how does it work in this ext?
    2. professional bonus - do you have to add manually as they dont seem to show up when I have selected a profession?
    3. Combat skills and spell lists. Do you add these using add new skill and then allocate to the relevant category?
    4.I am loading the FRP races module along with the others as pecified on he first page of this thread. Are the races supposed to add in ranks from adolescence rank table t 1.5 (RMSS) or should we add those manually?
    5. Is there a 'manual' for the extension for chaps of little brain like I?

Great work Ardem!
    Last edited by rdenning; November 22nd, 2020 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenning View Post
    HI guys. Playing around with thhis extension to get some rolemaster going with my group. Can I ask
    1. Everyman/occupational/ restricted skills/ are in RMSS. Are they in RMFRP and if so how does it work in this ext?
    2. professional bonus - do you have to add manually as they dont seem to show up when I have selected a profession?
    3. Combat skills and spell lists. Do you add these using add new skill and then allocate to the relevant category?
    4.I am loading the FRP races module along with the others as pecified on he first page of this thread. Are the races supposed to add in ranks from adolescence rank table t 1.5 (RMSS) or should we add those manually?
    5. Is there a 'manual' for the extension for chaps of little brain like I?

Great work Ardem!
    1. These are done manually, I get my players to record the OER specific skills in their char sheet notes.

2. Yes, add them manually - but they only go in the categories row, not the skills - there a few exceptions to this, PP Dev, Body Dev, and any skills that are calculated with the combined progression ("Cmb." is in the Calc. Column for each skill, and the Category is "Ltd." in same column - this is because the categories are not included in the calculation of the skills. It is not a perfect match up with how RMSS/FRP ruleset calculates totals, but it works.

3. You could add them manually, and for new skills you may want to do this if homebrewing, but it is easier to follow the process below:

• A - Instruct your players to choose/allocate their weapon categories 1-7 (listed as "-Weapon . Skill 1" through to "-Weapon . Skill 7") before proceeding and making any changes. The leading "-" indicates it is a category.
    • B - To set "-Weapon . Skill 1" as the primary weapon category for say, 1-H Edged weapons:

1. Click the red Iron Crown symbol to the left of the category name - a small window will pop up
    2. Change the title in the window to be "-Weapon . 1-H Edged" by simply highlighting/deleting just the "Skill 1" bit and typing in 1-H Edged instead. DO NOT HIT ENTER - it has the potential to mess things up!
    3. Make sure Type = "Offense Bonus" and Group = "Weapon . Skill 1"
    4. Type in the appropriate stats: melee weapons - St/Ag/St; missile/thrown weapons - Ag/St/Ag; missile artillery - In/Ag/Re
    5. Close the category window
    6. Do this for all 7 weapon categories

The benefit of doing this now is to save you work later. Now you ...

• C - Drag the Iron Crown symbol beside the weapon category text, above or below the category and when you release the mouse, the category will be copied. (It won't work if you try to drag the text)
    • D - Click the "Ctg." letters in the Calc. column to change it to "Std." - note this changes the category to be regarded as a skill
    • E - Again Click the Iron Crown symbol to the left of the category name, deleting the entire pop up window's title, say "-Weapon . 1-H Edged" and type in the weapon name you intend to use "Dagger", "Short Sword", etc. DO NOT HIT ENTER, just close the window - now you have a skill called "Dagger" or whatever the weapon's name is. The skill will now always sit underneath its appropriate category heading and its stats you have already set up earlier.
    • F - For each weapon intended to be used, you can simply copy the first weapon skill you made for that category and change its title in the little pop up window, say from Dagger to Longsword.
    • G - Do parts C-F for each weapon category you have a weapon intended to be used

Note: Spell skills for their associated lists are created in the same way - copy category and change to a skill, along with a title change to be the spell list name.

4. You do it manually

5. No - sorry

If you want a free tutorial, DM me on Discord (see below)

Have fun!
    Last edited by Griffonbait; November 23rd, 2020 at 17:14.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Hey Ardem,

How do I create my own attacks or add in a different attack for a creature?

- I cannot modify existing attacks a creature has after making a copy of it - clicking on the Iron Crown symbol does nothing - nor can I drag attacks from one mob to another

- When I add my own attack, I can click and open it, select Type (Natural Weapon), but I cannot select the Table Name or Max Rank/Size fields - the dropdown lists don't work. Crit Table drop down works tho.

- I am trying to make a small drake creature based on a Lesser Drake and give it a M Bite attack rather than a L Bite attack.

Actually, now I am trying to create any weapon item and the same dropdown lists for Table Name & Max Rank/Size are not working at all.

Can you please look into this?

Cheers.

Griffonbait

Preferred Rule Systems:

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)

Currently:
    — Playing:

Excellent thankyou. I think I ahve 'just about' blundered about (my usual technque with tech/It) and worked that process out. BUt I may get in touch/ I assume BTW that training packages are not supported by this ext not talents and flaws - again a manual fudge wuld be needed?

Correct - I use training packages via the rulebooks and get my players to implement any skills, etc. Anything that is gained - eg items, are recorded in their inventory, of course, and anything else like contacts and other non-ruleset defined things eg. OER skills, are simply stated in their char notes.

I get my players to record all their BGO spending, as well as the BGOs that are spent on TPs - that way you get a complete dev history of the character.

Griffonbait

Preferred Rule Systems:

Currently:
    — Playing:

thanks for that.
    One weird issue.
    I have loaded FRP modules Race, spells, rules and creatures and monsters and I aheve the FRP ext loaded.
    I can craete magic using characters fine but with one issue.
    I am trying to create an attack for shick bolt in the combat tab I get and arror saying a moudle is not loaded. Any thoughts why?

magic problem.jpg

Thread Information