FG Spreadshirt Swag

Spell Duration - Every 3 Levels

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post this in. If there is a better one please let me know and I will post it there.

I have a spell (Batrachian Surge) that has Duration: 1 round + 1 round/3 levels

How do I set that duration when adding the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT to my character sheet? The 1 round is easy

But what about the variable rounds?
    Under the 'Mult x Stat (Max)' section my options for 'Stat' are CL, Even CLs, or Odd CLs.
    It won't let me put a fraction, less than 1**, in the Multiplying field. So can't do 0.33 X CL.
    As far as I can tell there is no option for Division so no ability for CL/3.

** Interestingly, you can put a fraction greater than 1. (I.E. 1.33 X CL) and it will correctly calculate that. That doesn't solve the problem I'm having but does show that the program can handle fractions.

Is there an option I am missing on the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT form? Or does anyone have a different suggestion for how to calculate that?

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post this in. If there is a better one please let me know and I will post it there.

I have a spell (Batrachian Surge) that has Duration: 1 round + 1 round/3 levels

How do I set that duration when adding the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT to my character sheet? The 1 round is easy

But what about the variable rounds?
    Under the 'Mult x Stat (Max)' section my options for 'Stat' are CL, Even CLs, or Odd CLs.
    It won't let me put a fraction, less than 1**, in the Multiplying field. So can't do 0.33 X CL.
    As far as I can tell there is no option for Division so no ability for CL/3.

** Interestingly, you can put a fraction greater than 1. (I.E. 1.33 X CL) and it will correctly calculate that. That doesn't solve the problem I'm having but does show that the program can handle fractions.

Is there an option I am missing on the SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT form? Or does anyone have a different suggestion for how to calculate that?
    Sadly not But I have included that option in my save versus tags extension (see the second extension in my link below ) But beware that it is a big extension, so I also made some bigger "packages" when you want to use it with other extensions (for compatibility) If you want I can try to exclude that feature

Thank you for the reply Kelrugem. I did an initial look at the extension and really like the options I am seeing.

However, I'm going to be adding all these spell effects to a module and my initial thought is that I don't want to make the module dependent on an extension.

Having said that, I will review the extension in more detail. and may change my stance. If nothing else, I will definitely use it for my own personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Thank you for the reply Kelrugem. I did an initial look at the extension and really like the options I am seeing.

However, I'm going to be adding all these spell effects to a module and my initial thought is that I don't want to make the module dependent on an extension.

Having said that, I will review the extension in more detail. and may change my stance. If nothing else, I will definitely use it for my own personal use.
    Ah, yes, better not make modules dependent on extensions when you are goint to share them The code for just the "every 3 levels" is very small (in essence just a line), so, I hope that it will be once in the base programme

Thread Information