STAR TREK 2d20

GURPS 4E -- FGU or FGC?

Hello,
    I have used Fantasy Grounds a while ago when i used to play DnD but that has been two years ago. I've seen that recently FG Unity came up and i wanted to ask if it's worth getting FG Unity over Classic if i'm planning to use it for GURPS 4E. Is GURPS 4E supported on FGU? How does it compare to FGC? Are the GURPS core mechanics implemented? Any other information regarding GURPS 4E is welcomed.

Thanks

It does work with Unity, according to what I see in the core sticky https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Core-Ruleset
    FGU can be problematic with some people having connection issues and others performance issues, etc. If you aren't brave and already own Classic, you may want to stick with FGC for a little while. but, it works. There are active games using it.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back cosmoscape.

My suggestion is to use FGC unless you need FGU. You might need FGU if;
    - You or a player need to run on Mac OS 10.15
    - You need dynamic LOS
    - You need cloud brokered conenctions because your network does not support port forwarding

I'm using FGU because I have a player on Mac OS 10.15, and we have had very few issues, but are very tolerant and our expectations are for lag and issues to happen. For some, that is not tolerant.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FGU tends to work fine as long as you don't use the LIne of Sight engine. The line of sight engine is buggy right now and can lock up games completely and often.

GURPS works in both, the difference is that in FGC you can:
    1 - Lock tokens and move through grids with greater precision
    2 - Use the measurement system display and activate the distance modifiers display on the maps.

Thread Information