DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FGU Spell Bug

FGU Spell Bug

I am finding the spell groups on my character sheet keep changing from 'Spell' to 'Ability' and randomly changing what section - eg 'Genasi Powers' keep moving to 'Cantrips' to 'Wizard (1)'

Once I fix it it doesnt stay and next game after loading the character it resets to a random mess.

Blog Entries
    Ruleset? Extensions? Steps to reproduce?

For more info of what is needed when you report an issue, please see the sticky; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

5e
    Load up my character in a new session or edit spells what categories they are in.

This happened when the char loaded file by the gm in session 0 as well. I had emailed the file using gmail after creating the char in a local unity campaign on my machine.

So far each session I start off with the spells scrambled and have to fix them.

Can you provide the character XML here? Are the powers scrambled after the initial import; or when you connect and select?

Thanks,
    JPG

They have been scrambles after both.

Shall I upload it to this thread or copy paste? On second thought can I email it? I spend some time on the back story and wish to not make it public. I dont want to remove it because for all I know it is contributing to the problem.
    Last edited by Elf_Boy; May 25th, 2020 at 10:18.

Send it to [email protected] and link this thread in the email.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have emailed the character.

I do not have any extensions on my unity - I can check which the GM uses.

Thank you for the file.

Is there any way to get the campaign db.xml where this character was exported from?

The power groupings are rebuilt from the spell data when imported; and the power groupings in the XML match what I see when I import the character. It looks like groups were renamed and moved around (which is fine); but the data appears to be importing correctly. So, I want to go back to the source to see what is saved there. We may need to get more information on how you built the character in the first place. (i.e. what you did to customize your groups after adding spells.)

Regards,
    JPG

This character was initially created on my GM's machine then emailed to me so I could add back story between sessions and emailed back to the gm.

I can ask him if he is ok with me sending in the file along with mine.

Moon Wizard - I am noticing the same thing with the Spell list of characters in my campaign - Running 2e - Magic User
    I have gone and tried correcting but when opened again after closing Unity - we did no customization of groups - just pulled over spells from the spell list and dropped them in the powers section.Lorath Spell List.jpg

Using the world Builder extension and the Universal Extension.
    Last edited by JoeTrow; May 29th, 2020 at 02:56. Reason: Additional Information

Thread Information