FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Judge Dredd module for WOIN N.E.W. ruleset

I was a Kickstarter backer for EN Publishing's Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000AD roleplaying game. I grew up reading the comic, and loved the (more recent) movie.

Unfortunately the RPG is not coming to FG in the foreseeable future. Fortunately it uses WOIN N.E.W. system, which is on FG! The aim of this mod is to allow GMs to run a game of Judge Dredd within WOIN N.E.W. You will need to buy the rulebook to make sense out of the game, even if you're already familiar with WOIN N.E.W. and the world of Judge Dredd.

Status or the project:
    This is a beta, and is not complete, although it includes vast majority of the content to be added to the mod. Has been tested in FGU and is fully functional.

Included (latest additions in green):
    • Complete list of careers for Judges, civilians and perps. Grouped together for easier character creation and advancement.
    • Complete list of Exploits, universal and for the careers above. Grouped by career. Note the same Exploit may appear more than once; this happens when the same Exploit is in multiple careers.
    • Skill list. Includes grouping (combat, technical, social, etc.), though WOIN N.E.W. ruleset doesn't allow filtering of Skills via groups (also see notes).
    • All equipment: all weapons, general gear and armor unique to Judge Dredd rules. See notes.
    • Two vehicles: Lawmaster and Manta Prowler Tank, rest to be added.

Notes:
    • Skill list is not complete, I took out some skills which we're not planning to use, such as sewing. Also, combat skills have been slightly modified, e.g. pistols is handguns, rifles is long guns, all unarmed and melee weapon combat is under close quarters combat.
    • Equipment and vehicle list only includes items unique to Judge Dredd rules; most of the items are already included with WOIN N.E.W. ruleset and I don't plan to add these in this mod.
    • Do note that many items have significant (10x) price differences between N.E.W. and Judge Dredd rules, so if you plan to run a game with tight money management or requisition rules, do keep this in mind.
    • Equipment listed in WOIN N.E.W. up to Availability 10D is often found in Judge Dredd rulebook, but it's up to the GM to have the final say.

Todo:
    • Vehicles: most vehicles to be added
    • Data from Judge Dredd: The Robot Wars to be added

Requirements:
    • Fantasy Grounds (tested with FGU, should work with FGC)
    • WOIN N.E.W. ruleset
    • Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000AD rulebook
    • Recommended: subscription to EONS Magazine. Eons is a Patreon of EN Publishing, which occasionally releases Judge Dredd content, along with content for other games from them.

Installation:
    Download and copy .mod file to "modules" subdirectory under your Fantasy Grounds directory:
    • Linux location for the mod file: /home/[username]/.smiteworks/fgdata/modules
    • Windows location (thanks lordofpith): C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity\modules

After launching FGU, enable module from Library, click on Activation, click on Load for the Judge Dredd mod, and enable player load.

Support:
    I created this for my group's use, but thought I'd share for others, as this took quite a few hours to do. This is my first mod and I'm no coder, but I will provide support as best as I can. I will consider improvement ideas, and welcome fix suggestions.

Note that any issues with WOIN N.E.W. should not be reported to me, as I'm not involved in its development.

Version history:

v0.8b
    - Added Universal Exploits from EONS Magazine #4
    - Added rest of weapons, and gear unique to Judge Dredd

v0.7b
    - Fixed Judge origin careers which weren't working, various minor formatting fixes
    - Now tested in a full gaming session

v0.6b
    - Added weapons and armor unique to Judge Dredd rules, and two vehicles: Lawmaster and Manta Prowler Tank

v0.5b
    - Initial public release with Exploits, Skills and Careers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ddavison; July 20th, 2023 at 16:27. Reason: removed broken link (404)

Added weapons and armor unique to Judge Dredd rules, and two vehicles: Lawmaster and Manta Prowler Tank.

Rest of items and vehicles to be added.

Fixed Judge origin careers which weren't working, various minor formatting fixes.

Now tested in a full gaming session. Character creation worked just as well as with WOIN N.E.W.!

Thank you very much ! I bought WOIN N.E.W ruleset only to make Judge Dredd games and I'm happy to find this module

Have you planned to modify the character sheet? ("Name / Age / Trait / Species / Career / Hook" order instead of the current "Name / Descriptor / Origine / Homeworld / Species / Age")
    Last edited by Vackipleur; May 24th, 2020 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Thank you very much ! I bought WOIN N.E.W ruleset only to make Judge Dredd games and I'm happy to find this module

Have you planned to modify the character sheet? ("Name / Age / Trait / Species / Career / Hook" order instead of the current "Name / Descriptor / Origine / Homeworld / Species / Age")
    Glad you found it useful! I will be adding equipment in the coming days - most is already included in WOIN N.E.W., but I'll add the rest.

I received a code snippet below from MadBeardMan (creator of WOIN ruleset) which I need to edit to create my own character sheet extension to override WOIN's sheet, but frankly don't know where to start as I'm no coder.

I haven't found the need to edit the character sheet itself, yet, the plan is to update just the graphics to be more Judge Dredd -like - but I'm no graphic designer so not sure if I even want to do that.

<!-- Characters -->
    <framedef name="charsheet">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/charsheet.png" />
    <offset>25,40,25,25</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,7,7</insideoffset>
    </framedef>

v0.8b released!

- Added Universal Exploits from EONS Magazine #4
    - Added rest of weapons, and gear unique to Judge Dredd

Main thing missing is vehicles, to be added later.

this is amazing keep up the good work dude :-)

Here's the 1d100 hit location chart we have been using. Note that 1 is body center mass, so if you want to use bonus dice or numeric modifiers, you must negative modifiers in Dredd or Cthulhu. I'll update an automated table later with proper ordering (100 good, 1 bad).

Missile Hit location chart v2022-01-08.jpg

thx dude will take a look as this head deep in a starfinder /battletech /MechWarrior fall conversion but have been wanting to get back to dredd

Amazing, thank you. Any chance you could get this in Forge, easier to make sure the system automatically picks up the latest release.

Thread Information