Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 33 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    If I have this extension enabled for a campaign, and then a player tries to use "Manage Characters" after connecting to my campaign and leaving, the sidebar remains gone, there are no drop downs, and they have no way of doing any sort of Character Management.

Update 1.6:
    • Added "options" to toggle menu/sidebar (with reload).

In this scenario the DM is using sidebar and the player is using Menu buttons.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    If I have this extension enabled for a campaign, and then a player tries to use "Manage Characters" after connecting to my campaign and leaving, the sidebar remains gone, there are no drop downs, and they have no way of doing any sort of Character Management.
    Disable the extension when using Character Management. I've no plans to make it work in that mode since it's going away in FGU.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Disable the extension when using Character Management. I've no plans to make it work in that mode since it's going away in FGU.
    Oh, yeah, totally understand, and really not looking for it to even work there. I have a player who is very vociferous about his ability to manage his character without the game running, and I really like what this extension does, so I guess the question then becomes, is it even possible for a player in a game to disable an extension that is in use in my game when they are using the Character Manager? Or will I just need to tell them, "Make sure that you go into Preferences and set Menu Style to Sidebar before exiting the game if you want to be able to view your character, and then when you rejoin the game, you'll have to set it back to be Menus then exit and come back in"?

Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    Oh, yeah, totally understand, and really not looking for it to even work there. I have a player who is very vociferous about his ability to manage his character without the game running, and I really like what this extension does, so I guess the question then becomes, is it even possible for a player in a game to disable an extension that is in use in my game when they are using the Character Manager? Or will I just need to tell them, "Make sure that you go into Preferences and set Menu Style to Sidebar before exiting the game if you want to be able to view your character, and then when you rejoin the game, you'll have to set it back to be Menus then exit and come back in"?
    In the latest version of the extension (1.6) I added a /preferences option that will pull up the Campaign Settings/Prefs menu. I did this just incase the menu button system broke. This would allow someone to toggle which menu to use. (/options and /settings will do the same).

Other than that, I dunno. I've not used the character management system for about 2 years because of its limitations.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    In the latest version of the extension (1.6) I added a /preferences option that will pull up the Campaign Settings/Prefs menu. I did this just incase the menu button system broke. This would allow someone to toggle which menu to use. (/options and /settings will do the same).
    I did not know that there was a /preferences command to open that up, and just using that allows for the turning off and going back to the sidebar from the Character Manager, so that is perfect, and exactly what I will tell them. Thank you very much for the help and for making this awesome extension.

The extension does not pick up the reference manuals in SWADE for the official Players and DM guides. (SWADE GM Guide, SWADE Player Guide)

My theory is that as it's in SWADE there is a different record name for the reference manuals as its written somewhat independently from the CoreRPG ruleset, and some things in SWADE tend to work differently than expected due to it. I was trying to get a fix to you, but both modules are in the Vault, so I was unable to extract and find the correct reference link names for them.

So instead of the usual:

Code:
    <id-00012>
              <librarylink type="windowreference">
                <class>reference_manual</class>
                <recordname>reference.refmanualindex</recordname>
              </librarylink>
              <name type="string">Reference Manual</name>
            </id-00012>
    There might be a different record name for the reference manuals in SWADE.
    The name string is "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition" for both.

So fixing it for SWADE might require an exception along the lines of (menubutton.lua line 139):

Code:
          local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@" .. rInfo.name);
          if nodeRef == nil then
            nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.specialswaderefmanualindex@" .. rInfo.name);
          end
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 9th, 2020 at 16:01.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Just noticed that it does also create an error on start in SWADE:

Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)

I know the extension is written for Core RPG, and as far as I remember reading somewhere, SWADE isn't exactly based fully on Core RPG.
    So I'd understand if you'd leave it as is. You can click away the error after boot and the menu will still work after.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    The extension does not pick up the reference manuals in SWADE for the official Players and DM guides. (SWADE GM Guide, SWADE Player Guide)
    SWADE has other issues with the extension as well due to non-CoreRPG conformity. If I didn't have to list out every other ruleset to exclude it, I would exclude SWADE from being able to load the extension because of this. It confuses people when they can use an extension with a specific ruleset but it doesn't actually work. I've had the same problem with another extension and SWADE due to the dicetower being different as well.

I'm not sure I want to open the door to building in code to work around those ruleset specific issues tho in this case (if you're right) it's a small addition. I don't own SWADE products so couldn't test and if it broke I wouldn't know it.

Have you tried your code and seen if it works?

edit Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)

Yup, thats the other error. Because I remove the sidebar and SWADE has some dependency on it, that happens.
    ---

Your work is incredible. Thank you so much for contributing to the community.

Thread Information