5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 33 First 1234513 ... Last
    Thank you so much for this! I need all the screen I can use, and so do my players!

Unfortunately for me, with the Savage Worlds ruleset I get the following error:

"Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)"

...and no books are displayed. I'd love to see this work for this ruleset, if I can help in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by frobnic8 View Post
    Thank you so much for this! I need all the screen I can use, and so do my players!

Unfortunately for me, with the Savage Worlds ruleset I get the following error:

"Ruleset Error: desktop: Panel (identitylist) anchoring to uninitialized target panel (shortcuts)"

...and no books are displayed. I'd love to see this work for this ruleset, if I can help in any way.
    I've had other issues related to this ruleset with another extension as it's still a work in progress related to CoreRPG layering.

Looks like the ruleset is linking to the sidebar panel which is removed with this extension.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by james10872 View Post
    Around 50. A bunch of the Rob2e mods for item, spell and ability coding. Several mods with a handful (50 or less) magic items. The large ones are the monster books. So on and so forth. I know very little about coding, but maybe if you forced it into 2 columns. The first being #'s to G and the second being H to Z. Again I am speaking of things that I have no idea about, so pardon my suggestions if I speak of impossibilities.

Anyways thanks for the sweet extension. I will be using it regardless. May just have to thin out my default loaded modules.
    Here is the updated version. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. If so I'll update the first post with it.
    Last edited by celestian; June 14th, 2020 at 18:30.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

My Beautiful FG.png

I just have to say how shockingly refreshingly spacious and much more modern FG looks without a constant sidebar. I love this so much. Thank you thank you thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Here is the updated version. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. If so I'll update the first post with it.
    Got it downloaded. I will give it a try first thing tomorrow. Have some of my players working on stuff right now. Thanks for jumping on this so quick, really appreciate it.

I like this Celestian.

I have a few suggestions after using this for just a few minutes. Not sure if they're possible, but maybe!

* It does appear that your extension and Kent's "Minimized Sidebar Icons" work together well in the 5e Ruleset. You guys might want to collaborate a bit and make those two extensions into one extension that works in all the CoreRPG rulesets!
    * Settings for menu size ... I play on a large monitor (actually a 60" tv) and your menus are pretty tiny. If possible, I'd love a larger size menu, but not a big deal.
    * I'd love to be able to "add" certain buttons from the menus as additional buttons along the menu ... like "Add Library" and there is a Library button right next to the Books menu. Or right click on Calendar and "Add Calendar button" and Calendar button shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    I like this Celestian.

I have a few suggestions after using this for just a few minutes. Not sure if they're possible, but maybe!

* It does appear that your extension and Kent's "Minimized Sidebar Icons" work together well in the 5e Ruleset. You guys might want to collaborate a bit and make those two extensions into one extension that works in all the CoreRPG rulesets!
    * Settings for menu size ... I play on a large monitor (actually a 60" tv) and your menus are pretty tiny. If possible, I'd love a larger size menu, but not a big deal.
    * I'd love to be able to "add" certain buttons from the menus as additional buttons along the menu ... like "Add Library" and there is a Library button right next to the Books menu. Or right click on Calendar and "Add Calendar button" and Calendar button shows up.
    I just realized the Calendar "button" is not there... I'll get that added but what do you mean "Add Library" ? That button is there.

For what it's worth if there is a custom window/menu you'd like to load there is the MenuManager that is part of the extension that you can write your own extension to use.

MenuManager.addMenuItem("moduleselection", "", "sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection");

It's actually the same thing I use to load the "Modules" list menu directly. The documentation (such that it is) is in the manager_menu.lua in the extension.

Code:
    --[[
      This will add a custom menu/window item to the Menu button.

sRecord           The window class
      sPath             The database node associated with this window (if any)
      sToolTip          The tooltip string record, Interface.getString(sTooltip); Displayed when someone hovers over the menu selection
      sButtonCustomText The text used as the name for the menu. If doesn't exist will look for "library_recordtype_label_" .. sRecord
    ]]
    function addMenuItem(sRecord, sPath, sToolTip, sButtonCustomText)
    ---

celestian, you knocked out of the park with this one. this is great. so glad to free up the right side of my screen and the reference books are awesome. If the buttons/font could be just a tad bigger(one of my players is hard at seeing) this would be great. Thank you for this.

any chance we can see this for FGU sometime soon?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Thread Information