FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 28 of 33 First ... 182627282930 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Because this bit of code is buried in the middle of a loop in the function I can't really get this behavior without completely overwriting the function, which I'd like not to do.
    I've added the logic check for ya and put it on the Test Channel if you'd like to verify it works for you. If you can confirm I'll push it to live.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've added the logic check for ya and put it on the Test Channel if you'd like to verify it works for you. If you can confirm I'll push it to live.
    Thanks for the quick turn-around! Just checked and it worked perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Thanks for the quick turn-around! Just checked and it worked perfectly for me.
    Sounds good, ill push it live here shortly then.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hey Celestian, sent you a message the other day about my extension not working with yours. Have you had a chance to look at that? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    Hey Celestian, sent you a message the other day about my extension not working with yours. Have you had a chance to look at that? Thanks.
    Where did you "send" me a message.
    ---

When you are logged in you should see a little envelope symbol click on that and you can see direct messages. If for some reason you can't i'll post it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    When you are logged in you should see a little envelope symbol click on that and you can see direct messages. If for some reason you can't i'll post it here as well.
    My mailbox is full, always is. Get to many mails. Thats why my sig says to post here or in discord.
    ---

Hi Celestian. A user has identified an issue where my extension is generating an error when running your extension.

I've narrowed it down to how the window is being called from the menu. In particular if we call the extension from your improved menu it will open and appear to run but generates errors. e.g. it's not getting a value back from an Interface.findWindow() call.

If I open my extension via the /openwindow command from the command line it seems to work fine.

Thoughts? The only thing I can think of is perhaps the data source is empty?

I've included how i'm initializing things and the declarative for the xml. Thanks.

function onInit()
    local tButton =
    {
    sIcon = "button_CRND",
    tooltipres = "sidebar_tooltip_CRND",
    class = "CeleRNDWindow",
    };
    DesktopManager.registerSidebarStackButton(tButton, false);
    DB.createNode("RNPC").setPublic(true);
    Debug.console("DB created")
    end

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    <windowclass name="CeleRNDWindow">

-----

So a console command of /openwindow CeleRNDWindow and the extension works as built, called from your better menu errors.

If you're adding sidebar menus like the standard ones it should work fine. If not perhaps instead of having a undefined datasource set it as ''. FGU has in the past not liked that in some cases tho I dont know about in this case. All I can say is it should work if the sidebar is configured like the standard ones are. If you can't resolve it with that then post the console log and I might can see whats going on.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you're adding sidebar menus like the standard ones it should work fine. If not perhaps instead of having a undefined datasource set it as ''. FGU has in the past not liked that in some cases tho I dont know about in this case. All I can say is it should work if the sidebar is configured like the standard ones are. If you can't resolve it with that then post the console log and I might can see whats going on.
    I don't know if I can grab images from someone else so i'll link the post where she put it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Generator-PF1

Post #6, she has included images showing the errors.

So from my investigation what is happening is when you click on the menu button, with your extension, it creates the window. But when you go to do anything when I do a findWindow it is returning nil. If we open the window using the /openwindow it works fine.

So it has to be the window instantiation from the menu buttons is where the issue is. I'm not strong enough in LUA/XML foo to really understand why it's not creating correctly, if it's something on my end I need to do differently or if it's something odd from yours. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by celebrindal; December 23rd, 2022 at 14:14.

Thread Information