DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 33 First 123412 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by james10872 View Post
    Cool extension. Will be giving this a try with my group and see how everyone likes it.

Found 2 issues with a bit of toying around. First, if you have a long list of modules loaded then they go off the bottom of the screen. Would be nice if it would scroll through in those cases. Second, there is a conflict with FGTabber extension. Not the end of the world, but they are the 2 extensions I know of that really give you some extra real estate. Neither of these issues will keep me from giving this a try in my next couple sessions. Thanks for doing the work and sharing the results!
    If your list of modules goes off the screen Im betting that you will have far more serious issues sooner or later....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If your list of modules goes off the screen Im betting that you will have far more serious issues sooner or later....
    My list I generally run with was close to that point so I added a few more to see how the extension handled it. I have found that with my group as long as I don't keep adding and removing a bunch of modules we're good. But I do understand that different groups can have issues with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is very cool. But maybe the title should be "different" menus or "dropdown" menus or similar. "Better" is purely subjective...
    The name is based on what I had created previously "OS_Standard_Menus". After a complete re-write for various features I realized that it wasn't an OS menu but they were better than my previous work and thats what I went with. It has nothing to do with anything other than that.
    Last edited by celestian; May 22nd, 2020 at 14:57.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Cool extension. Will be giving this a try with my group and see how everyone likes it.

Found 2 issues with a bit of toying around. First, if you have a long list of modules loaded then they go off the bottom of the screen. Would be nice if it would scroll through in those cases. Second, there is a conflict with FGTabber extension. Not the end of the world, but they are the 2 extensions I know of that really give you some extra real estate. Neither of these issues will keep me from giving this a try in my next couple sessions. Thanks for doing the work and sharing the results!

Edit: Running 5e
    I'm curious, how many modules do you have loaded?

I did test having various means of scrolling on that menu just incase someone had a really tiny screen... the short version is: I'd basically have to set a "cap" of the total listed and anything after that would scroll.

There is no real easy way to detect if it's going down below the visible space (that I know of) and then triggering it to scroll.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm curious, how many modules do you have loaded?
    Around 50. A bunch of the Rob2e mods for item, spell and ability coding. Several mods with a handful (50 or less) magic items. The large ones are the monster books. So on and so forth. I know very little about coding, but maybe if you forced it into 2 columns. The first being #'s to G and the second being H to Z. Again I am speaking of things that I have no idea about, so pardon my suggestions if I speak of impossibilities.

Anyways thanks for the sweet extension. I will be using it regardless. May just have to thin out my default loaded modules.

Not sure if I'll use this yet or not but I'm grateful for the option. Thanks!

Around 50. A bunch of the Rob2e mods for item, spell and ability coding. Several mods with a handful (50 or less) magic items. The large ones are the monster books. So on and so forth. I know very little about coding, but maybe if you forced it into 2 columns. The first being #'s to G and the second being H to Z. Again I am speaking of things that I have no idea about, so pardon my suggestions if I speak of impossibilities.

Anyways thanks for the sweet extension. I will be using it regardless. May just have to thin out my default loaded modules.
    I've got a update that'll probably work for you, I'll post it after day job later tonight.
    Last edited by celestian; May 22nd, 2020 at 18:35.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've got a update that'll probably work for you, I'll post it after day job lets tonight.
    Awesome. I'll keep an eye out and give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow.

Drool. Thank you for this, the size of the sidebar is quickly becoming an issue, so this helps.

Does this affect just the DM or DM and players?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    Drool. Thank you for this, the size of the sidebar is quickly becoming an issue, so this helps.

Does this affect just the DM or DM and players?
    DM and Players.
    ---

Thread Information