DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 33 First ... 162425262728 ... Last
    Is there a way to hide certain modules from the "Books" menu? I have the "5E Automatic Effects" modules from Grim Press. When they are loaded, they take up the first 10 entries under the books menu because they start with a number. They aren't really books that would ever be referenced once they are setup so they just take up screen space. It's not a deal breaker. It's more of a minor annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by dpezet View Post
    Is there a way to hide certain modules from the "Books" menu? I have the "5E Automatic Effects" modules from Grim Press. When they are loaded, they take up the first 10 entries under the books menu because they start with a number. They aren't really books that would ever be referenced once they are setup so they just take up screen space. It's not a deal breaker. It's more of a minor annoyance
    There is no way to hide the book entries other than to not load the module that loads the ref-manual in question.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Test channel has the BetterMenus v1.5 with that works with CoreRPG changes. Please feel free to test it out. I'll push it to live once the big CoreRPG update is released.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

@celestian, I am getting the following error. It seems to be coming from this extension (tested with a clean campaign no error and then only loading this extension)

[1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sToolTip' = s'sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection', s'sRecord' = s'moduleselection' }
    [1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sButtonCustomText' = s'Setup', s'sToolTip' = s'menu_setup_tooltip', s'sRecord' = s'setup' }
    [1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:227: attempt to index upvalue '_wShortcuts' (a nil value)

It may be similar to another issue, I saw you post on a similar error here a while back.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t-Channel-Bugs
    Last edited by eporrini; January 4th, 2022 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    @celestian, I am getting the following error. It seems to be coming from this extension (tested with a clean campaign no error and then only loading this extension)

[1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sToolTip' = s'sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection', s'sRecord' = s'moduleselection' }
    [1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sButtonCustomText' = s'Setup', s'sToolTip' = s'menu_setup_tooltip', s'sRecord' = s'setup' }
    [1/4/2022 1:08:45 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:227: attempt to index upvalue '_wShortcuts' (a nil value)

It may be similar to another issue, I saw you post on a similar error here a while back.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t-Channel-Bugs
    There is no "manager_desktop.lua" or _wShortcuts in BetterMenus.

You're "from another post" was pre-Core update which was 2e related and because 2e had not been ported but had nothing to do with Better Menus.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    There is no "manager_desktop.lua" or _wShortcuts in BetterMenus.

You're "from another post" was pre-Core update which was 2e related and because 2e had not been ported but had nothing to do with Better Menus.
    I’m no expert with the extensions, but when this is loaded on a 5e campaign with no other extensions it pops up this error. I will post this on the general forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I’m no expert with the extensions, but when this is loaded on a 5e campaign with no other extensions it pops up this error. I will post this on the general forum as well.
    Update 5e? Use the latest Better Menus (forge)? Neither of those should be an issue unless you're using old versions.
    ---

I can recreate this with latest better menus (9/29/2021), latest 5e (1/1/2022). The error is actually coming from the core rules manager_desktop in this function:

Code:
    function initializeSidebar()
    	-- Set up references and theming
    	_wShortcuts = Interface.findWindow("shortcuts", "");
    	_wShortcuts.onSizeChanged = DesktopManager.onSidebarSizeChanged;

-- Build sidebar
    	DesktopManager.loadSidebarCategoryState();
        DesktopManager.configureSidebarTheming();
    	DesktopManager.rebuildSidebar();

_bInitialized = true;
    end
    Interface.findWindow is returning nil with the bettermenus extension loaded - perhaps "shortcuts" is a window that doesn't get created with better menus loaded but does otherwise?

Actually - I forced an update of better menus by removing it, disabling it, re-enabling it, and doing an update (for some reason "update" didn't pull down a newer version until I did all three of the prior steps) and the error went away.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Actually - I forced an update of better menus by removing it, disabling it, re-enabling it, and doing an update (for some reason "update" didn't pull down a newer version until I did all three of the prior steps) and the error went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I can recreate this with latest better menus (9/29/2021), latest 5e (1/1/2022). The error is actually coming from the core rules manager_desktop in this function:

Code:
    function initializeSidebar()
    	-- Set up references and theming
    	_wShortcuts = Interface.findWindow("shortcuts", "");
    	_wShortcuts.onSizeChanged = DesktopManager.onSidebarSizeChanged;

-- Build sidebar
    	DesktopManager.loadSidebarCategoryState();
        DesktopManager.configureSidebarTheming();
    	DesktopManager.rebuildSidebar();

_bInitialized = true;
    end
    Interface.findWindow is returning nil with the bettermenus extension loaded - perhaps "shortcuts" is a window that doesn't get created with better menus loaded but does otherwise?
    Thats why I said "wShortcuts" isn't in Better Menus (that was old rev), check versions

People have extensions dangling around from pre-Forge still. Glad you figured it out.
    ---

Thread Information