STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    Take a look at Player Agency Extension at the forge.
    Great tools for keeping notes both for payers and GM when running campaigns.
    Try to delegate some of the note keep to the players, like trade records.
    I create fright and mail as cargo items and makes notes in description where it was pick up and destination
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/511/view

I can confirm that. Player Agency works great in Traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I am about to run PoD, and ran into book keeping issues with the campaign. As there are a lot of small moving parts about alliances, systems, rival pirate groups, loot, repairs etc, I find that there is difficult to keep recording details coherent. I prepared tables I hoped my players could keep recording their activities in, but FGU limits editing of notes to the owner of the given note.
    I dont need automation, but a way to generate an table of transactions and statuslists that can be updated by all players, as time to time a player will be away.
    How did you handle the recordkeeping of system status, loot etc?
    My players generally keep session info in their own notes areas (usually public so they can compare) and I keep private notes and separate public notes of things that I think they need to know.

One of the players handles cargo and ship finance in a public note though this may soon change with coming ship changes.

Unfortunately deep down FGU doesn't want multiple people handling the same record at the same time, which is a good thing, but also inconvenient. There have been some workarounds published for CoreRPG but I don't know if they work with the Traveller ruleset. You might look into Player Agency on the forge and ask in the forum there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grommit57 View Post
    I can confirm that. Player Agency works great in Traveller.
    That's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    My players generally keep session info in their own notes areas (usually public so they can compare) and I keep private notes and separate public notes of things that I think they need to know.

One of the players handles cargo and ship finance in a public note though this may soon change with coming ship changes.

Unfortunately deep down FGU doesn't want multiple people handling the same record at the same time, which is a good thing, but also inconvenient. There have been some workarounds published for CoreRPG but I don't know if they work with the Traveller ruleset. You might look into Player Agency on the forge and ask in the forum there.
    I have looked at Player Agency, and it will be an addition to my games. That said, with Pirated of Drinax, there are a need to update records directly and not make a new entry to a subject. I can understand that several players should not have write access to a note/record at the same time. But if the GM could give ownership to a note/record at the beginning of play in case the previous owner cant attend the game for instance. Thus only one player can write, but the others can view the note/record.

we use google sheets linked from within fantasy grounds using the third party weblink extension

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    we use google sheets linked from within fantasy grounds using the third party weblink extension
    I have decided to use google sheets too, however I am not going to ad another extension to fgu at the moment.

You should consider it as it's easy to install, reliable and it will solve your problem ;-)

Thread Information