FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Some questions about the Npc sheet.

Init and matrix init what is the syntax for the roll ?

Is it possible to drag and drop a weapon unto a npc and use it like on the pc sheet?

Hey there,

We've been running a campaign for a couple months using the 9.7.3 version of the mod and now have been using 9.8.2 and for todays session gonna be testing 9.8.5. Here are a few bugs we've encountered so far, I just wanted to drop this as a quick list for now (I've forgotten to do so too many times) and if you need more info or help with replicating them etc, I'll be happy to help. I also got some of them fixed myself by editing the extension (knowledge skills) so I can also share a few ideas when I get around to opening the files again. Some of these might be duplicates from earlier posts, I'm just posting what we've noticed still happening:

Cyberlimb not giving +1 phys condition (this couldn't be done even manually earlier, current version offers the manual mod value to do this, could be it pulled from char sheet directly?)

Sometimes rolls show up as another actors roll, even hidden npcs on combat tracker, seems to be related to attribute rolls atleast -> This one is very annoying as it'll randomly pull another character from the combat tracker and list the roll as their action, thus revealing hidden entities on the tracker to the players.

As was mentioned earlier, knowledge skills seem to be broken again, I think I got it fixed through xml editing last time, making them act in a similar manner to normal skills, you earlier said you had an idea how to fix them?

Also a suggestion for a missing feature:
    -Make an easy way to make a nD6 roll, where the extension would show hits/glitches etc as if it was a skill roll, currently if you just do a manual roll of nD6, you get the sum of their values

I was also working on adding an automated wound modifier to all skill/combat rolls where appropriate, was mainly having trouble getting the correct current wound fetched

Definetly glad to see work on this extension resuming, superteddy has created a solid foundation and your updates so far have been coming in nice and quick

Hello rmilmin. Very nice work so far.

There are difficulties with creating items such as when you select "augmentation" an error pops up. Would like to see the items fixed so Players can actually get whatever they want and have it classified properly.

I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.6.

Things that changed:
    I've changed weapons, and the magic tab's spells, alchemy, rituals, and conjuring to remove the popup window. instead everything you need is now in it's own list.
    I fixed a bug I found with the way I was doing rolls that caused targeting to freeze fantasy grounds. It now properly displays who you have targeted and doesn't freeze the program.
    I added wound modifiers to weapons, spells, alchemy, rituals, conjuring and skills.
    Spells, rituals, alchemy and conjuring have their drain applied to the character sheet and the combat tracker.
    Edge now works with weapons, spells, alchemy, rituals, conjuring, and skills (Hold down the Control key when you click the button).
    The spell record for spells in the character sheet now display a checkbox to denote that the character has a specialization that impacts that spell.
    The spirit record for summoning on the character sheet now displays two checkboxes to denote that the character has a specialization in summoning and/or binding respectively.

Things to do.
    I need to restructure knowledge skills. They don't work the way the game meant them to, so I need to move things around, this might cause existing characters problems where they are concerned. I'll try to minimize this as much as possible.

NPC sheet has lots that needs doing. Most likely I will make it work like other games. Attacks will probably look something like, Ares Predator 10(9P -1AP) or Ares Predator SB 10(9P -1AP 3BF -2DM)
    I'll need to add something to clear recoil on npcs. probably a Clear Recoil in the attack section.

The combat tracker needs work, both in it's display and in it's communication for targeting passing messages around so that targets take their lumps automatically. This won't be completely automated as players and gms will need to be able to spend edge on rolls. I'm thinking of adding a new window in the list on the top right that would have a list of all damage done to characters you control. You will then be able to click avoid or soak and have the rolls done appropriately. This is a long term goal and will take time.

The last item on my list is preparations. I need to add a new list somewhere for them so that you can use them and have them cast off the spell created by the current create preparation button. This list will be auto-populated by the create preparation button based on it's casting.

There is I'm sure more that needs doing. Please let me know about anything you can think of that needs work and of course any bugs you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragowiz View Post
    Hey there,

We've been running a campaign for a couple months using the 9.7.3 version of the mod and now have been using 9.8.2 and for todays session gonna be testing 9.8.5. Here are a few bugs we've encountered so far, I just wanted to drop this as a quick list for now (I've forgotten to do so too many times) and if you need more info or help with replicating them etc, I'll be happy to help. I also got some of them fixed myself by editing the extension (knowledge skills) so I can also share a few ideas when I get around to opening the files again. Some of these might be duplicates from earlier posts, I'm just posting what we've noticed still happening:

Cyberlimb not giving +1 phys condition (this couldn't be done even manually earlier, current version offers the manual mod value to do this, could be it pulled from char sheet directly?)

Sometimes rolls show up as another actors roll, even hidden npcs on combat tracker, seems to be related to attribute rolls atleast -> This one is very annoying as it'll randomly pull another character from the combat tracker and list the roll as their action, thus revealing hidden entities on the tracker to the players.

As was mentioned earlier, knowledge skills seem to be broken again, I think I got it fixed through xml editing last time, making them act in a similar manner to normal skills, you earlier said you had an idea how to fix them?

Also a suggestion for a missing feature:
    -Make an easy way to make a nD6 roll, where the extension would show hits/glitches etc as if it was a skill roll, currently if you just do a manual roll of nD6, you get the sum of their values

I was also working on adding an automated wound modifier to all skill/combat rolls where appropriate, was mainly having trouble getting the correct current wound fetched

Definetly glad to see work on this extension resuming, superteddy has created a solid foundation and your updates so far have been coming in nice and quick
    Right now there is no code behind items that makes any changes to the characters stats. For now the mod boxes are there for that. At some point I'll look at adding effects to it that will allow for changes to stats and have the ability to link those effects to items so that they apply them to the character automatically.
    Knowledge skills are something I'm definitely going to be working on.

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Hello rmilmin. Very nice work so far.

There are difficulties with creating items such as when you select "augmentation" an error pops up. Would like to see the items fixed so Players can actually get whatever they want and have it classified properly.
    I'll have a look at why augments is giving an error. No idea why it should be doing that it worked for me when I last looked at it.

I missed one item. Weapons and armor now have 2 new tabs on them. One for mods and one for ammo. The ammo one is really important right now. It lets you shoot ammo based on what a drop down in the weapon list. You can drag and drop ammo from the items list onto the ammo list.
    The mods tab doesn't do much but list mods you have on the weapon or armor. At some point I'll look at having them do things to change the stats of the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramid View Post
    Some questions about the Npc sheet.

Init and matrix init what is the syntax for the roll ?

Is it possible to drag and drop a weapon unto a npc and use it like on the pc sheet?
    I checked and it looks like it's not working. I'm going to spend some time next working on the NPC sheet to fix it up and get it working.

There is a new version uploaded to the first post. v0.9.8.7.

I updated the way I'm saving rolls between rolls. There shouldn't be any bleeding between character sheets and/or npc's.

I also updated the NPC sheet with some new features.
    There is now a mod and sum field for both the physical and stun tracks.

I updated all 3 initiative fields.
    The following is the format used for doing initiative. It will show in the combat tracker.
    npc initiative.PNG

I updated the skills and knowledge skills fields.
    The following is the format used for the skills and knowledge skills with one difference between the two.
    The skills field is only the ranks in the skill and the knowledge skills are the full dice pool.
    Skills adds the appropriate attribute to the ranks to get the dice pool.
    Shift rolls a specialization and control uses edge.
    npc skills.PNG

I also added an attacks field.
    The format for this is in some way specific in others not so much.
    All items in it are separated by "or".
    The first thing in the entry needs to be it's name. The rest is within [].
    The first item within the [] is the skill name. Case doesn't matter. It is followed by a ",".
    for the rest of the items order doesn't matter but they all must be broken up by a ",".
    DV is damage value. "DV #S" or "DV #P" are the basic ways of doing it. You can also use "DV (STR+#)P", "DV (STR+#)S", "DV (STR)P" or "DV (STR)S"
    AP is armor piercing. "AP -#", "AP #" or "AP 0" or don't add it at all are valid uses.
    SS, SA, SB, BF, LB, FAS, FAC, SF are used for fire mode. FAS is the simple action full auto and FAC is the complex action full auto.
    AC is Accuracy and limit. "AC #" or "AC Physical" are the two valid ways of writing it.
    RC is Recoil comp. "RC #" or not at all are valid values.
    When you double click the item it will look up the skill in the skills field and get the ranks in that skill. it will then get the attribute associated with that skill and roll that many dice.
    If you shift click it will add a specialization bonus and if you control click it will use edge.
    npc attacks.PNG

I have not got Wounds working with any of these rolls, nor do I have recoil fully operational. It's only doing it on a per attack basis, there is no accumulated recoil. I need to figure out how to give the option to clear recoil. I'm thinking of adding the ability to create an attack item that does it, such as "ClearRecoil" or something similar.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

Lastly the combat tracker was updated so that the physical and stun tracks for NPC's showed up on it.

Is it really Shadowrun if somebody doesn't bleed though? :-D

Thread Information