STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Wow rmilmine...outstanding work

I'm going to trying all these updates with my Players. We love Shadowrun and its awesome to see an extension that will allow us to game one of our favorites

Thanks for all the work so far !!

Hello rmilmine

Like what you've done but I notice I'm getting lots of errors when flipping to the skills tab and errors when adding new interests, knowledges etc

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Hello rmilmine

Like what you've done but I notice I'm getting lots of errors when flipping to the skills tab and errors when adding new interests, knowledges etc
    Sorry about this. I've fixed the problem with the skills tab.
    I also fixed a problem with the Powers list screen. The type drop down wasn't displaying properly.
    Unfortunately the fix requires data to be updated as the two category fields were reversed and I couldn't figure out how to change what field the power list screen used.

Updated the extention to 0.9.8.5.
    Fixed an error message from an errant piece of code I missed removal of in spell casting.

I'm finding the popup windows for spellcasting and summoning quite intrusive, especially the large buttons, and one thing FG does not need is extra windows! Would very much prefer to be able to set the force and modifiers on the character sheet and have the roll go directly from the sheet. Pretty much as can be done with weapons.

The problem is screen realestate. There isn't any room on the screen for much more.
    That's the reason I put that information in a window.

There is some room on the spell list for some but not all of the information.
    Spirits have no room at all.
    As for firearms the latest version has a window as well. I added many options to how firearms work.
    Again some of the stuff could go elsewhere. The question is where?
    The window size of the character sheet is already very large. I'm sure there are people who's screen is smaller than the character sheet window is.
    As for the buttons those I can shrink.

Apologies, I guess I didn't explain very well. Having the pop out window to configure an ability once is great, you set your character up and then after that use the character sheet (how it previously worked for weapons). This is how it works for D&D 5E weapons and spells for example. You don't need to add the +1 for your magic weapon every time you make an attack roll. Having it pop up *every time* you use the ability is just a big annoyance and I think will slow things down more than speed them up.

I have downloaded the MCSR5e.ext extension and placed it into the extensions folder but i'm not seeing it show up anywhere in FG. Is there something else I need to do or something I am missing?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcApathy View Post
    I have downloaded the MCSR5e.ext extension and placed it into the extensions folder but i'm not seeing it show up anywhere in FG. Is there something else I need to do or something I am missing?

Thanks
    Welcome ArcApathy

Yuo will also need to download MoreCore. Start a new MoreCore campaign and select the ShadowRun extension.

Looks great keep up the good work

Thread Information