STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 19 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesManhattan View Post
    When casting a spell and then clicking Drain, it says "cant find Drain attribute". So going into the Library, you have to create your own "Tradition" such as Shamanism which lets you put in Drain stats etc. Then drag that Tradition onto your character's magic page. Unless there is a data library for this ruleset floating around somewhere, is there?
    Yes that is how it works.

As for the datasets, you'll need to make them on your own I'm afraid. Public sharing is probably against copyright law.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesManhattan View Post
    also a potential bug: I created my own NPC's and gave them skills such as "Pistol [8], Unarmed Combat 2 [6]" which become highlighted and clickable in the old ruleset. In this one it gives me an error "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nEdgeDice' (a nil value)"
    I probably broke the npc window when I added edge to things. I'll add it to the list of things to fix.

If we have a prior set of equipment in place will the ruleset be able to use them post update or will we need to redo them?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    If we have a prior set of equipment in place will the ruleset be able to use them post update or will we need to redo them?
    The changes I've made shouldn't break any items.
    I'm adding a sub category to augments. Most of what I did to items was adding. I've tried to not take things away.

I have posted a new version, 0.9.8.3 to the first post.

I added a mod field and total field to the physical and stun tracks.
    I fixed skills on NPCs.(They can now use edge)
    I added mods to weapons, and armor in two varieties. You can add them in them from the items window and when anyone drags that version of the item to the character sheet they get the mods.
    You can also mod the item on the character sheet.
    I also added a place for ammo in ranged weapons.
    I added a subcategory to augments so that you can now sort them a little better.
    When you go to attack with a weapon now it will give you a screen with options.
    For firearms and projectile weapons it gives you options for ammo.
    Select the ammo you want to use, based on what is loaded into the weapons ammo list.
    It deals with ammo count as well, loading and unloading new ammo.
    Edge is working in most places. I think things like surprise, composure, etc are the only things not supporting edge.

If you find that I've broken something that was working before please let me know.
    I'm still figuring out the interconnectedness of the code and bound to miss things.

I've figured out a way to do spellcasting, summoning etc in one click instead of 2, so I'm going to be changing that in the near future.
    Making this change will allow for the ability to pass along affects of spells to targets in the combat tracker.
    I still need to figure out how to do that. I've seen some code related to it in other things I've looked at, but still uncertain of where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    The changes I've made shouldn't break any items.
    I'm adding a sub category to augments. Most of what I did to items was adding. I've tried to not take things away.
    Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Great news!
    I know one of the changes I made to spells made it so that I had to go through and edit the spells I had entered so that they had the new type and sub-types in use.
    That is the only change I've made that I recall seeing something that required changes to the data.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I know one of the changes I made to spells made it so that I had to go through and edit the spells I had entered so that they had the new type and sub-types in use.
    That is the only change I've made that I recall seeing something that required changes to the data.
    Changing that sort of thing is easy, retyping everything is hard, so no problem with that.

I am thinking of making a change to inventory, and the weapons, armor and other item based areas.

The idea I have is to make it so that you only add item to the inventory tab and the other places get populated with linked records.
    I thought I would see what others think of the idea? I would probably still keep ammo and mods within other items.
    I'm thinking ammo should probably be moved from one location to another, with a copy and delete process, so as to not allow duplication.

Let me know what you think and what you would like to see worked on.

Where should I put preparations? probably somewhere on the magic tab, but it's rather full now.

I also noticed that I need to completely revamp knowledge skills. Right now the name is the type not what you would type in.
    I think I will add a type to skills.
    Group, Active (Subtype), knowledge (Subtype) and language.
    This I think will be cleaner.
    Since all the skills are in the data, just not in the skills list.
    I can auto-populate them into that area on the next update and use that from now on instead of the hard coded data.
    I'm going to see about adding buttons to like the green plus on lists for knowledge skills that will generate a skill based on a particular type.
    I'll see if I an figure out how to do that.

Thread Information