DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 20 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Hello rmilmine...I noticed that when I add gear / equipment to the Inventory tab that the actual Total Weight Carried section of the tab doesn't update.

Is that fixable?

Loving playing Shadowrun again...

Hey rmilmine...I just noticed...due to PC mages...that for the character sheet you might want to modify the Mag/Res attribute also giving it a Mod and Sum column.

Hey, glad to see new updates and many thing being fixed and new functionality fleshing out! We did some testing on the current version (.15) and were able to find the following bugs in addition to the same combat tracker issues that others were mentioning:

Adding more dice by right-clicking is adding 5 dice instead of 1 - this only happened from the client side but was very consistent while it happened, picking up dice on an attack by dragging the button, then right-clicking to add a single die added 5 instead.

Many different rolls were randomly doubling the amount of dice being rolled, the most consistent one for a while was the spirit summoning roll. Going through the whole process of summon - sprite hits - drain resist multiple times suddenly cleared this error away and it didn't return.

Magic cannot be assigned as skill attribute, 'SPE' does nothing on a skill

Attribute rolls were taking a random actor from the combat tracker, even if hidden. This would have revealed a hidden enemy to the players. I am not able to replicate the random actor on an attribute test with a new campaign, but the attribute rolls are also not listing the name of the character doing the test when rolling from the 'SUM' dice on the attributes screen.

Defense rolls (maybe others as well) are using the unmodified attribute value instead of the SUM value for dice pools. This was easily recreated by creating a new character with base 4 in both REA and INT, then setting both at mod 1. Expected outcome would be to roll 10 dice, but only 8 are rolled on the Defense check.

Dragging any defense or soak autorolls the dice. This one is easy enough to reproduce, pick up the dice by dragging from Defense and there is an immediate roll before you let go of the dice. Weapon attacks are showing the same behaviour, but attribute checks like Surprise/Judge intent are not.

Nothing is showing up for the GM on rolls into the tower. This one only happened when the clients were doing rolls into the tower like perception, it did not occur if I as the host did the roll in place of the player into the tower. The console of the players was filling up with these lines when doing tower rolls:
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Sneaking' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Gymnastics' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Compiling' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Intimidation' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Blades' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Longarms' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Perception' | s'Perception'

Front page checks not showing relevant limits (minor), also Gymnastics is using Mental limit rathar than physical, in our experience the most common Gymnastic tests are done with physical limit.

Defaulting -1 is not taken into account for 0 rank skills. This seems to be related to the active skill remodeling, defaulting a rank 0 skill does not impose the -1 dice pool penalty anymore, this used to work on the previous versions.

Complex form rolls are not working on the matrix sheet, if I remember correctly they were still giving the error in console related to edge, propably same fix that was done to matrix actions would fix these aswell. I believe the rolling button for complex rolls should be their drain roll, so being able to tell the roll what level the complex form is used at, similar to spirit summoning

Recoil penalty not being applied to attack rolls with guns, but prevents rolling if it would reduce to 0. The recoil penalty is counting up correctly but dice pool is not affected until you go to 0 dice, at which point the roll cannot be made until the recoil is cleared.

In addition to the bugs listed above, these features were brought up as useful to have in the future:

Sprite compiling would greatly benefit from a similar roll system as spirits, as they are completely missing a fading roll atm. Not sure if the Drones/Sprites/Vehicles area can be repurposed for this or will it bring useless buttons next to drones and vehicles always. Maybe it would be possible to make that window switchable the same way as Resonance Actions/Submersion for example?

Add subtype: Mounted weapons to firearms that links to gunnery. This would make it very easy to make drone weaponry rollable from riggers character sheets just with a small edit to the weapons, currently this can be done by not choosing a subtype at all and writing down Gunnery as the skill used for the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Hey rmilmine...I just noticed...due to PC mages...that for the character sheet you might want to modify the Mag/Res attribute also giving it a Mod and Sum column.
    What directly increases the magic attribute? I don't think there is anything for resonance.
    Power focus gives extra dice, don't think it increases the magic attribute any longer like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragowiz View Post
    Hey, glad to see new updates and many thing being fixed and new functionality fleshing out! We did some testing on the current version (.15) and were able to find the following bugs in addition to the same combat tracker issues that others were mentioning:

Adding more dice by right-clicking is adding 5 dice instead of 1 - this only happened from the client side but was very consistent while it happened, picking up dice on an attack by dragging the button, then right-clicking to add a single die added 5 instead.

Many different rolls were randomly doubling the amount of dice being rolled, the most consistent one for a while was the spirit summoning roll. Going through the whole process of summon - sprite hits - drain resist multiple times suddenly cleared this error away and it didn't return.

Magic cannot be assigned as skill attribute, 'SPE' does nothing on a skill

Attribute rolls were taking a random actor from the combat tracker, even if hidden. This would have revealed a hidden enemy to the players. I am not able to replicate the random actor on an attribute test with a new campaign, but the attribute rolls are also not listing the name of the character doing the test when rolling from the 'SUM' dice on the attributes screen.

Defense rolls (maybe others as well) are using the unmodified attribute value instead of the SUM value for dice pools. This was easily recreated by creating a new character with base 4 in both REA and INT, then setting both at mod 1. Expected outcome would be to roll 10 dice, but only 8 are rolled on the Defense check.

Dragging any defense or soak autorolls the dice. This one is easy enough to reproduce, pick up the dice by dragging from Defense and there is an immediate roll before you let go of the dice. Weapon attacks are showing the same behaviour, but attribute checks like Surprise/Judge intent are not.

Nothing is showing up for the GM on rolls into the tower. This one only happened when the clients were doing rolls into the tower like perception, it did not occur if I as the host did the roll in place of the player into the tower. The console of the players was filling up with these lines when doing tower rolls:
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Sneaking' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Gymnastics' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Compiling' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Intimidation' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Blades' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Longarms' | s'Perception'
    [13.09.2020 18:36:35] Runtime Notice: s'Perception' | s'Perception'

Front page checks not showing relevant limits (minor), also Gymnastics is using Mental limit rathar than physical, in our experience the most common Gymnastic tests are done with physical limit.

Defaulting -1 is not taken into account for 0 rank skills. This seems to be related to the active skill remodeling, defaulting a rank 0 skill does not impose the -1 dice pool penalty anymore, this used to work on the previous versions.

Complex form rolls are not working on the matrix sheet, if I remember correctly they were still giving the error in console related to edge, propably same fix that was done to matrix actions would fix these aswell. I believe the rolling button for complex rolls should be their drain roll, so being able to tell the roll what level the complex form is used at, similar to spirit summoning

Recoil penalty not being applied to attack rolls with guns, but prevents rolling if it would reduce to 0. The recoil penalty is counting up correctly but dice pool is not affected until you go to 0 dice, at which point the roll cannot be made until the recoil is cleared.

In addition to the bugs listed above, these features were brought up as useful to have in the future:

Sprite compiling would greatly benefit from a similar roll system as spirits, as they are completely missing a fading roll atm. Not sure if the Drones/Sprites/Vehicles area can be repurposed for this or will it bring useless buttons next to drones and vehicles always. Maybe it would be possible to make that window switchable the same way as Resonance Actions/Submersion for example?

Add subtype: Mounted weapons to firearms that links to gunnery. This would make it very easy to make drone weaponry rollable from riggers character sheets just with a small edit to the weapons, currently this can be done by not choosing a subtype at all and writing down Gunnery as the skill used for the weapon.
    I will have a look at these. So far I've been unable to replicate some of these. So further information will be needed.
    Are you getting these only when having a host and client? how many clients?
    I was unable to replicate the right click giving 5 extra dice instead of 1, were you holding down any keyboard keys?

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Hello rmilmine...I noticed that when I add gear / equipment to the Inventory tab that the actual Total Weight Carried section of the tab doesn't update.

Is that fixable?

Loving playing Shadowrun again...
    Being that Shadowruns use of encumbrance is relegated to Armor items I've not looked at this at all yet. It's rather low on my list of things to do, but I'll add it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I will have a look at these. So far I've been unable to replicate some of these. So further information will be needed.
    Are you getting these only when having a host and client? how many clients?
    I was unable to replicate the right click giving 5 extra dice instead of 1, were you holding down any keyboard keys?
    There are 4 players so host+4 clients connected at once. Like I mentioned the extra dice was only happening from the client side so as the host I was unable to replicate this. I believe I should be able to make the campaign available to you if that'll help troubleshoot these.

Some of them I might be able to help fixing such as the addition of the mounted weapon subtype, if you want some assistance I could offer fixes I can think of, just wondering how to mark the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    What directly increases the magic attribute? I don't think there is anything for resonance.
    Power focus gives extra dice, don't think it increases the magic attribute any longer like it used to.
    There is a method to increase both Magic and Resonance in the core rules.

Submersion (page 257, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Resonance
    The natural maximum for your Resonance attribute is 6 + your Submersion grade. You still have to spend Karma to increase your Resonance attribute.

Initiation (page 325, Core Rules 4th Printing) gives an option:

Increase Magic
    The natural maximum for your Magic attribute is 6 + your grade of initiation. You’ve still got to pay normal Karma costs to increase your Magic attribute.

Actually according to Shadowrun 5E page 319:

Power Foci
    Power foci live up to their name. They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating. That means they add to your Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting dice pools, along with any other test where Magic is involved. Power foci can take any form, but for some reason, rings and amulets are quite popular.

Therefore having such a focus does increase your Magic Attribute...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragowiz View Post
    There are 4 players so host+4 clients connected at once. Like I mentioned the extra dice was only happening from the client side so as the host I was unable to replicate this. I believe I should be able to make the campaign available to you if that'll help troubleshoot these.

Some of them I might be able to help fixing such as the addition of the mounted weapon subtype, if you want some assistance I could offer fixes I can think of, just wondering how to mark the changes.
    Would you mind zipping up your campaign folder and sending me a pm with a link to it so I can download it.
    I just can't seem to replicate some of your bugs.

Thread Information