DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 20 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    I thought of a way to fix items. I'll have a look at making the change tonight when I get home from work. I'm going to re-add the fields I changed as their old field type, and add a new field with the new field type. I think I can migrate the old data to.

I fixed the issue with the augments and the items in general. This fix is only in the beta for now.
    I reverted the field for acc in weapons back to being a number field and created a new field acc2 that is a string. It moves the old acc data to the new field automagically.
    I also updated damage control to include the client so that players now see the window and see only attacks against characters they control. They can then click to defend and soak attacks.

Hey there all, I am really new at using FG for running a game or building anything. This is amazing work! Being super new to all this, is everything manual entry as far as items, metatypes, spells, etc...? Or did I not load the rule set correctly?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrowbear View Post
    Hey there all, I am really new at using FG for running a game or building anything. This is amazing work! Being super new to all this, is everything manual entry as far as items, metatypes, spells, etc...? Or did I not load the rule set correctly?

Thanks
    All of the 'data' is copyrighted so it can't be shared. You will have to enter it yourself. I suggest you do this in two development campaigns and then export them to modules. One player facing and one not. See link in my signature for some suggestions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You might be able to extract the data from chummer5 and import it into modules. The data there contains no trademarked information as far as i know would need somekind of parser to extract it tho

@rmilmie been testing out the damage control sheet.

after rolling defense and soak it doesnt appear to modify the damage value down maybe im doing something wrong there.

love the fact that if the defense roll cancels the damage window

atm this is only possible fromt he pc sheet vs a npc as the weapon window is missing from the npc sheet right ?

Having a tag to edge defense or soak would be great

The damage is calculated based on no defense at all. It adds the successes from the attack to the base damage. It's a rolling total.
    So the defense will lower the damage but only by an amount equal to the successes from the attack roll. Once those are all gone the damage goes away completely.
    If it's not doing that I'll have a look to see why.

The npc sheet has attacks in the attack area. I think I put a post stating how to use it. I'll add it to the first post later today. The format is simlar but not exactly the same as the stat block for weapons in the shadowrun npc stat block.

Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP -1, SA, AC 7] or Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP +4, SB, AC 7, RC 4] or Brass Knuckles [Unarmed Combat, DV (STR)P, AC Physical]

are examples of how to use it.

I'm thinking of adding tabs to the npc sheet for weapons, armor, magic that looks similar to the full character sheet and have the attack area populated with strings automagically based on what is put in those tabs.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view. I recently started a new job and I've not had much time to look at this except on the weekends.
    Last edited by rmilmine; June 27th, 2020 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    The damage is calculated based on no defense at all. It adds the successes from the attack to the base damage. It's a rolling total.
    So the defense will lower the damage but only by an amount equal to the successes from the attack roll. Once those are all gone the damage goes away completely.
    If it's not doing that I'll have a look to see why.

The npc sheet has attacks in the attack area. I think I put a post stating how to use it. I'll add it to the first post later today. The format is simlar but not exactly the same as the stat block for weapons in the shadowrun npc stat block.

Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP -1, SA, AC 7] or Ares Predator IV [Pistols, DV 8P, AP +4, SB, AC 7, RC 4] or Brass Knuckles [Unarmed Combat, DV (STR)P, AC Physical]

are examples of how to use it.

I'm thinking of adding tabs to the npc sheet for weapons, armor, magic that looks similar to the full character sheet and have the attack area populated with strings automagically based on what is put in those tabs.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view. I recently started a new job and I've not had much time to look at this except on the weekends.
    So are there any updates on the Ruleset. I have been working on the old Ruleset translating into German, don´t really want to start with this version until the Big open parts like CT are still open...

Unfortunately I've had very little time over the past month to do any work on this. I will try to get back to it sometime this coming weekend.
    The CT has some working parts. I've also added edge in most places. I think decking is the only place I've not added it but I could be wrong. There is so much that needs doing. I need to make a card and scratch things off the card as I do them.

Thread Information