DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 20 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lamorric View Post
    Sorry, I missed that superteddy57 was taking over.

Really, if anyone can answer this.
    Wait, what? I thought rmilmine took over from superteddy57. Now its going back to superteddy57 again???? Whan did that happen?

Im trying to figure out. do we create the skills in the character sheet or is there a mod that has them for drop and drag?
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

As of the state of the extension right now you have to create the skills for yourself in the skills section. From there you can drag and drop them onto a character sheet.

Some versions ago all of the skills have been there pre-created to use. But the new developer/project leader rmilmine decided to delete them all and now the extension is in kind of a very unstable and uncertain condition. Because of the lacking skills, some buttons on the character sheet don't work as intended anymore or dont work anymore at all. rmilmine wasnt online for arround 4 weeks and hasnt answered to any questions. The initial developer superteddy57 is also not reading or at least not answering here anymore. The project seems kind of abandoned right now.

is there anyway to help code this.
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

I've tried contacting the current developer to see if there would be some way for communal help on the development of the extension, so far no response. The current extension is actually very playable with a couple minor fixes, although it may help that we've had a campaign running that was started ages ago and the characters were generated before the current version. If I find the time, I could test out creating a fresh campaign to see what are the required steps to make everything operational and document it.

Regarding the skills, even on the version where they were pre-generated onto the character sheet, it was still up to the GM and/or players to create the actual skill listings for everything to have them actually have valid descriptions etc, as the extension does not include any of the text data from the rulebooks, only the mechanics. The update which removed the pregenerated skills also included the fix to actually have working skillgroups, which was a very very welcome improvement.
    Last edited by Dragowiz; November 18th, 2020 at 07:26.

I have one started, but I'm not sure where to start.
    Ultimate License holder.

Here are some scripts I wrote a while back to scrape data (items, abilities, etc.) and output it to libraries for SR5 in morecore. I ran into a number of issues and eventually abandoned it but there may be some value in there. Just gonna turn it over to the community in case someone else wants to run with it. If I find any more stuff I was working on, I will share.

It works to pull data from a particular wiki but the concept can be applied to other sources with some tweaking.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here are some more files... a little more up to date. I believe I pivoted to working off of a local copy of the data at some point in these files (highly recommended if you are interested in being a good human being and not driving up the hosting cost for the poor individual who is is running the wiki in question).
    I believe "current working" (aptly named) is the most robust of the bunch.
    I have no idea if the source I was using has changed significantly so as to invalidate the weeks of work that was this project.
    Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by FracturedSolace View Post
    does this work with unity ?
    BLUF: I really don't know.

It was written for classic. At the time however the XMLs were the same so it is possible. I think the bigger question is if the XML for SR5 has changed from the time that I wrote it.

That said, even if it has, I wouldn't think it would take too much tweaking to correct it.

Thread Information