5E Character Create Playlist

manager_effect.lua, processEffect() bug?

Around line 189 I've noticed this.

Code:
    local nEffInit = DB.getValue(nodeEffect, aEffectVarMap["nInit"].sDBField, aEffectVarMap["nInit"].vDBDefault or 0);
    The piece of code that caught my eye was aEffectVarMap["nInit"].vDBDefault, there is no "vDBDefault" defined for nInit, it is for "nDuration".

I ran into an edge case that complained about an error on this line and noticed this (unrelated to my issue I think).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Around line 189 I've noticed this.

Code:
    local nEffInit = DB.getValue(nodeEffect, aEffectVarMap["nInit"].sDBField, aEffectVarMap["nInit"].vDBDefault or 0);
    The piece of code that caught my eye was aEffectVarMap["nInit"].vDBDefault, there is no "vDBDefault" defined for nInit, it is for "nDuration".
    I noticed that recently. But I imagine that is why there's the "or 0" at the end - if there isn't a default in aEffectVarMap then it will use 0. I think that line is generic code for a DB.getValue for a field defined in the aEffectVarMap table. In this case there isn't a vDBDefault value for "nInit" as standard - which is covered by the "or 0" in this case. But, some other code (an extension or layered ruleset) may set a default and if it does, then the vDBDefault will be used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I noticed that recently. But I imagine that is why there's the "or 0" at the end - if there isn't a default in aEffectVarMap then it will use 0. I think that line is generic code for a DB.getValue for a field defined in the aEffectVarMap table. In this case there isn't a vDBDefault value for "nInit" as standard - which is covered by the "or 0" in this case. But, some other code (an extension or layered ruleset) may set a default and if it does, then the vDBDefault will be used.
    That was my thought and I checked 5E looking to see if they had but nothing was there that I found. Could be for another ruleset I suppose but I suspect it's more of a typo than intended.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information