5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Deleting Campaigns on FGU?

I created a test campaign on FGU for practice and was just wondering how do you delete it? there doesn't seem to allow me the option to?

Thanks.

You can delete it directly from within the campaigns folder which is located in SmiteWorks>Fantasy Grounds>campaigns.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

To expand on the above - click the folder icon in the top left of the startup screen. This will open a file explorer at the FGU app data location. Go into the campaigns directory and delete the directory with the name of the campaign you want to remove. Restart FG.

If you feel you may ever need some data from that campaign the make a backup of that directory to somewhere reliable.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

thread necromancy here, but I dont understand after all this time, why they dont just have a button to remove it directly from the menu. I mean, I really dont think that that idea is all that unreasonable, especially after all the time FG has been on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    thread necromancy here, but I dont understand after all this time, why they dont just have a button to remove it directly from the menu. I mean, I really dont think that that idea is all that unreasonable, especially after all the time FG has been on the market.
    It's no unreasonable, but maybe it hasn't been done because it doesn't appear to be something that users are really asking for and so the devs will spend their time on stuff people are asking for? I can't find any entry in the wishlist asking for this. I'd recommend you add an entry so people can vote if this is something that they want. Find the wishlist here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What @Trenloe has said; plus we don't want to make deleting data easy as people will always accidentally push buttons. My guess is that we would get more support tickets from people "accidentally" deleting campaigns, than we do now for people looking to delete data.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What @Trenloe has said; plus we don't want to make deleting data easy as people will always accidentally push buttons. My guess is that we would get more support tickets from people "accidentally" deleting campaigns, than we do now for people looking to delete data.

Regards,
    JPG
    i get that, but my impression would be more people would want this than not.

Let me give you an example: Talespire, a mapping program with 3D capability, allows you to delete anything you want. however, it not only asks you to confirm, but actually requires you to type "delete" in a text box to confirm. After that, thats on you.

so I think this is reasonable and, after that point, anyone who deletes their stuff after all those hoops would only have themselves to blame. In the meantime, it just feels not only burdensome to do things the way they are now, its not even obvious, as I had to come to the forums to figure out how to delete it in the first place.

Blog Entries
    If you add it to the wish list, then people can vote and the Devs can see if it's actually important to more people.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    i get that, but my impression would be more people would want this than not.

Let me give you an example: Talespire, a mapping program with 3D capability, allows you to delete anything you want. however, it not only asks you to confirm, but actually requires you to type "delete" in a text box to confirm. After that, thats on you.

so I think this is reasonable and, after that point, anyone who deletes their stuff after all those hoops would only have themselves to blame. In the meantime, it just feels not only burdensome to do things the way they are now, its not even obvious, as I had to come to the forums to figure out how to delete it in the first place.
    I don't know if it's advisable to delete a campaign when there might be assets, virtual memory loaded with live links and connections, if you are in the same session that you are trying to delete. Would that create a record lock? I would like some campaign management to be on the load screen and remotely though.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information