DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

MacOS: Windows don't always pick up

I find that to be certain that I pick up the right window, I need to click and wait and then drag. If I simply start a drag like I normally would, the click doesn't catch and my mouse either moves without moving the window, or another window is picked up instead.

This is on macOS Catalina, I'm on a new Mac Pro, latest version of FGU as of today. Happy to debug anything.
    I bash.

In fact I've found this is true for all clicks. If I mousedown and move, like I would anywhere else, the mousedown isn't registered until after the mouse has moved. If for instance I try to grab a die and roll it in the chatbox, I will end up grabbing text from within the chatbox instead!
    I bash.

Blog Entries
    Ruleset? Extensions? Reproducible in a new campaign?
    (In case it matters)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It happens always, regardless of rulesets or extensions. And it. is. driving. me. CRAZY! ��

(Which is fitting for the Call of Cthulhu module I'm working on, I suppose).
    I bash.

I'm on MacOS High Sierra and downloaded Unity a couple of days ago.

Principle reason was to be Mac native.
    1.) a Little disappointed that the training vids are all on a Windows PC, so file locations are not always the same.

2.) also having issues with mouse recognition of click and drag

3.) Also not sure how to access the referred to in training vids "third button and scroll wheel". So sizing character tokens, multi selecting dice not as describedMacOS gestures seem to be unsupported, or am I missing something?

@Heilemann,
    I can't reproduce the click and drag issues on my MacBook Pro using either the trackpad or my USB mouse. What kind of mouse are you using? Have you looked in the mouse settings to see if there is anything that jumps out?

@Reg,
    1) Generally, you don't need to know exact file locations. Just install to the default locations; then, use the folder button in the launch screen to open the data folder when needed.
    2) Questions as above @Heilemann.
    3) There are several actions in FG that require right-clicking (Freestyle add dice while dragging, accessing contextual radial menus) or mouse wheel (Free image zoom, token resizing, list scrolling). We recommend a 3-button USB mouse for Mac users to be able to access those capabilities. For specific actions mentioned, resizing tokens is done automatically when adding tokens from combat tracker which has creature size information (or manually using Control+mouse wheel); and multiple dice can be rolled by adding them to a hot key additively (or by dragging and right clicking to add a die). Also, most die rolls in existing systems with DLC content are already set up.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm using an Apple Wireless Mouse, with all Preferences for gestures on its surface enabled. The FGU is v4 Build 25 -06-2020

All the gestures for scroll and right click function in other software and MacOS, just not in the combos that FGU videos, wiki and manual suggest.

To tell me to go buy a new mouse is frankly, annoying after having spent nearly $200AUD on a "Mac Native version"

MacOS has never required those functions, but I'm guessing that its not likely to get fixed correctly in the software now?

I'll report back once I can test it with one.

Its not the only issue with MacOS support aqnd lack of functionality.

When I use image import I am presented with this:-
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 2.04.35 am.png

Which is nothing like the MacOS file handling window.
    Its not resizable, the sorting is absent, the layout can't be changed, colum widths can't be altered to read long names, twist arrows to see inside subfolders are missing.

It is supposed to look like this:-
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 2.05.08 am.png

S you can see that trying to then order and find images without access to those tools makes for a frustrating experience and again isn't Mac native.
    Will this be corrected in future upgrades? I mean, crikey, Apple is bigger than Microsoft and has been for around 10 years

Can't we sort these kinds of things out?

I love FG and Unity has sooo many cool things, but the shine of lashing out on an ultimate licence is really dimmed by these annoying oversights and the "get a new mouse" attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I'm using an Apple Wireless Mouse, with all Preferences for gestures on its surface enabled. The FGU is v4 Build 25 -06-2020

All the gestures for scroll and right click function in other software and MacOS, just not in the combos that FGU videos, wiki and manual suggest.

Hmmm. We have a Mac Book Pro with Catelina AND an Apple Wireless mouse, and we went into the Settings --> Mouse preferences and reset some stuff, like the scroll wheel sensitivity and the 3rd button functionality. All is working well with version 6-30. MAC default setting have the Apple Wireless Mouse buttons doing things like bring up the Dash Board, Expose, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    S you can see that trying to then order and find images without access to those tools makes for a frustrating experience and again isn't Mac native.
    Will this be corrected in future upgrades? I mean, crikey, Apple is bigger than Microsoft and has been for around 10 years

Also, just because the dialog box comes up looking "different" than the MAC OS style, doesn't make it non-MAC OS Native. Either unity on the Mac, or just the way FGU was implemented on the Mac, they may NOT have opted to use the MAC OS version of that window.

BTW, this happens with Multi-platform applications in Windows all the time - especially Java Apps.
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; July 3rd, 2020 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Hmmm. We have a Mac Book Pro with Catelina AND an Apple Wireless mouse, and we went into the Settings --> Mouse preferences and reset some stuff, like the scroll wheel sensitivity and the 3rd button functionality. All is working well with version 6-30. MAC default setting have the Apple Wireless Mouse buttons doing things like bring up the Dash Board, Expose, etc.
    What settings did you use for the mouse? Perhaps a screen shot of the systems prefs would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Also, just because the dialog box comes up looking "different" than the MAC OS style, doesn't make it non-MAC OS Native. Either unity on the Mac, or just the way FGU was implemented on the Mac, they may NOT have opted to use the MAC OS version of that window.

BTW, this happens with Multi-platform applications in Windows all the time - especially Java Apps.
    But it is not functional! Its done correctly in the Assets button with its "Folder" option - that gives things back to MacOS to handle, so all the normal functionality applies and you get this:-

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 3.53.09 am.png

So its scalable, re-orderable all the normal stuff.

Its inconsistent.

The example image I showed plain doesn't work properly
    Its not a different style, its not allowing the navigation to be done to the objects required.

if there's a setting that I have wrong, please point me in the correct direction, but this isn't just about the "look", its about trying to use the feature.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure the Mac version of FGU will continue to improve, just like the Windows version of FGU will continue to improve.

Please just try to stay positive, and point out the areas for improvement, and when needed add them to the Wish List, so that the devs can continue to prioritize and work towards the best experience for all users.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information