5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Line of Sight for Tokens Question

Has the idea of line of sight for tokens been raised before? IE: tokens have a small LoS barrier built in to prevent other players from seeing behind them?

In my current game we just table rule this and say something like, "you can take a shot but your target will have partial cover because Player X is in the way." I could see it being a lot more useful when there are large tokens on the board.

Just curious to see if it's on the list of someday/maybes.

The rules for how the tokens (creatures) interact with LOS will vary by ruleset, so you can't really bake that functionality into it.

Blog Entries
    So your players stand perfectly still while they are attacking during the round? Remember, even a 5ft square is just an approximation of where the creature is. It is moving, dodging, swinging, looking and moving. And a round is not an instantaneous thing, it's a compilation of many things happening over a discrete time frame. Plus, no game rules I know of actually say that creatures block line of sight for some diamter fro the center of their square. Though some do say they provide some level of cover or obstruction, which might be indicated using something similar to LOS.

But, that said you can always add your request to the Wish List; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can always add your request to the Wish List; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Is there a wish list specifically for Unity, rather than the one for FGC which has things from 8years ago on, such as LoS ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiax View Post
    Is there a wish list specifically for Unity, rather than the one for FGC which has things from 8years ago on, such as LoS ?
    Welcome Janiax - its the same wishlist.

Thread Information