DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Loadorder tag not honoured in loading extensions

Hi folks,

This is my second post today and I'm wondering if this is the cause of my other post.

When I try to load two extensions sequentially using the loadorder tag they don't seem to show up in the console in the expected sequence. In my case I have the first extension being loaded, which is significantly larger than the second extension.

The Developers guide states: "The order that extensions load can be controlled by specifying a loadorder tag within the extension properties." [Developer Guide - Extensions - Overview]

Extension 1:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!-- 
      Please see the readme.txt file included with this distribution for 
      attribution and copyright information.
    -->

<root version="3.0" release="4">

<announcement text="Simple Dungeon World character sheets" font="emotefont" icon="logo_DW" />

<properties>
    		<name>DW Simple Char Sheet</name>
    		<version>2020-05-17</version>

<author>bigsdawg</author>
    		<description>Simple Dungeon World Character Sheets for MoreCore ruleset</description>

<ruleset>
    			<name>MoreCore</name>
    		</ruleset>
    		<loadorder>200</loadorder>
    	</properties>

<base>
    		<!-- ACTUAL INCLUDEFILE LIST HIDDEN TO KEEP THINGS BRIEF -->
    	</base>
    </root>
    Extension 2:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!-- 
      Please see the readme.txt file included with this distribution for 
      attribution and copyright information.
    -->

<root version="3.0" release="4">
    	<announcement text="Steve's test theme for MoreCore" font="emotefont" icon="logo_DW" />

<properties>
    		<name>MoreCore for DW_charFix</name>
    		<version>2020-05-08</version>

<author>Steve</author>
    		<description>Theme extension for MoreCore ruleset</description>

<ruleset>
    			<name>MoreCore</name>
    		</ruleset>
    		<loadorder>120</loadorder>
    	</properties>

<base>
    		<!-- ACTUAL INCLUDEFILE LIST HIDDEN TO KEEP THINGS BRIEF -->
    	</base>
    </root>
    You can see that the loadorders should have MoreCore for DW_charFix loading before DW Simple Char Sheet. However, when I look at the console I see the following output, which implies the opposite is true.

Code:
    [5/17/2020 9:38:15 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-14)
    [5/17/2020 9:38:15 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:19 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.16:1802) (fe80::91ea:71d6:9159:86f0:1802)]
    [5/17/2020 9:38:19 PM] Game server started. [192.168.1.16:1802]
    [5/17/2020 9:38:19 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:19 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:31 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #55 }
    [5/17/2020 9:38:31 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
    [5/17/2020 9:38:31 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
    [5/17/2020 9:38:34 PM] [WARNING]  Frame shortcuts contains out-of-range values in Left.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:34 PM] [WARNING]  Frame shortcuts contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:34 PM] [WARNING]  Frame shortcuts contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.55 2020416). This generic ruleset adds features and flexibility allowing you to play more game systems. 
    This ruleset coded by damned and ianmward. Additional thanks to superteddy57, celestian, Trenloe, mcortez, kelrugem, Moon Wizard and others for their assistance along the way. This incorporates dice rolling extensions from Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Sibelius, Trenloe, Imiri, Myrddin, rstrahan, ahoggya, superteddy57, mcortez, David Stitt, thwright, trobadork, SmileyMan, rpotor, opilio, damned and ianmward.
    DicePool and much other goodness by ianmward.
    Roll Parameters by mcortez.
    Click link for User Guide
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: Help grow MoreCore. If you would like to support MoreCore you can do so in the following ways:
    * Use MoreCore and spread the word about the systems you are playing
    * Use MoreCore and upload and share Character sheets (and even campaigns) and instructions for the systems you are playing
    * Creating new Rolls for MoreCore and allowing them to be included into MoreCore
    * Creating new Theme Extensions for MoreCore and sharing them on the forums
    * If you would like to make a donation to help feed my RPG habit you can donate at PayPal.me/fgdamned
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: Type /morecorehelp to access the MoreCore User Manual in game.  Rolls should be added to the PC and NPC sheets and not used in Chat. (LINK)
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: Visit (LINK) for the best online RPG convention. Every year in April and October.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: The Dice Pool is turned off by default in new MoreCore campaigns. It can be turned on in Options.
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] EXTENSION: Simple Dungeon World character sheets
    [5/17/2020 9:38:35 PM] EXTENSION: Steve's test theme for MoreCore
    • Is this just an artifact of the logging?
    • Is the loadorder actually honoured but the are loaded in parallel and the smaller one finishes first and the larger finishes second despite starting in the opposite order?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how the load order works to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

Blog Entries
    FGU?

Reported and known issue in the FGU sub-forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also until fixed, the way to do it is based on the alphabetical order of extension name.

Thank you.

I think my next step will be to go through the FGU sub-forum stickies to see if I can find and familiarize myself with the known issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    Also until fixed, the way to do it is based on the alphabetical order of extension name.
    Thanks Naurthoron. This was going to be my next question. I have done as you suggested and just preprended a 'zzz_' to the extension I want to load last and it is now working.

Did you try the filename or the extension name? If I remember correctly only the extension filename may work this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsdawg View Post
    Thank you.

I think my next step will be to go through the FGU sub-forum stickies to see if I can find and familiarize myself with the known issues.
    Note that not all known issues are listed in the known issues post. So, the sticky is a start, but its not definitive

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    Did you try the filename or the extension name? If I remember correctly only the extension filename may work this way.
    I ended up changing the filename as well as the name in the extension.xml just to keep it all synched. I'm not sure which one made the difference but in the end it seems to be working now.

Thread Information