DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 30 First ... 162425262728 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Recca671 View Post
    Where do I find the download link?
    There isn't one. You can switch your FG to the test channel. This will copy your campaign to a test version of FG. You should not plan on being able to move your campaign back and forth, at least not without things breaking (hence why it's in the test channel).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks! I have the extension available for inserting back in if I have a need, otherwise I will just wait till they get it installed in late July.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    That was the original intent, but it ended up removing selections that were duplicates (in all ways including data) and that caused some confusion. (I have this module loaded and 'race/class X' is not included) I am looking at remaking that but try to give the user more feedback on the filtered duplicates.
    Something that I noticed when I was trying to create a Drow character was that depending on which of the multiple Drow buttons I clicked on (from different source books), it would apply different racial bonuses. One would provide just the Drow bonus, another would provide the Elf and Drow bonus, etc.

I saw a release note saying the Character Wizard is included in 5E automatically now. I downloaded the latest updates, how exactly do you access the Character Wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Orsalak View Post
    I saw a release note saying the Character Wizard is included in 5E automatically now. I downloaded the latest updates, how exactly do you access the Character Wizard?
    Just load a campaign, click on the "Character" tab, then click on the blue star on the bottom of the character window that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrym View Post
    Just load a campaign, click on the "Character" tab, then click on the blue star on the bottom of the character window that pops up.
    Found it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrym View Post
    Like Orsalak, I was looking for this and excited to poke at the Character Wizard. But it's not showing up for me.

Then I realized ... I'm in FGC, I haven't tried out FGU yet. (I supported the Kickstarter but have been waiting for it to get past Beta before I migrate my campaigns.) I suppose it's only available for FGU? Any plans to implement it in FGC? (No, I didn't think so....)

FGU 5e character wizard bugs

I've been creating a hill dwarf forge cleric for a new campaign we'll do in FGU, and I thought why not have a peek at the character creation wizard discussed briefly in today's Kickstarter update #32. (You get to it via the PC button; there's a star in the bottom border of the window. I had to hunt for it.)

I mostly write here to report two bugs I think I've found in the wizard's execution.

First: you can choose a racial bonus for Dwarf (+2 Con) or Hill Dwarf (+1 Wis), but it's either or. Hill Dwarf ought to include the Con bonus given to all Dwarves. At present it doesn't. I fear this may be true for more subrace-race categories than the one I checked.

Second: you can pick a Dwarf tool proficiency among the three provided, but Forge Cleric at level 1 ought to give you one of these separately (smith's tools), and I found no evidence that it does this.

(I could write with more requests for character-wizard features - if not "here's what this gives you" text for every choice, at least links everywhere to your reference library pages for race, subrace, class, etc., etc,, to aid in looking for fine details. Bundles for equipment given you by your choices, so you're not looking down lists of armor and weapons for items you've probably had to go research and list elsewhere before using this wizard. But I'll be happy to start with a tool that works.)

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdstick View Post
    Like Orsalak, I was looking for this and excited to poke at the Character Wizard. But it's not showing up for me.

Then I realized ... I'm in FGC, I haven't tried out FGU yet. (I supported the Kickstarter but have been waiting for it to get past Beta before I migrate my campaigns.) I suppose it's only available for FGU? Any plans to implement it in FGC? (No, I didn't think so....)
    It's part of the 5e ruleset so it's in both FGC and in Unity. However it is only in the test channel at the moment - not live. So if you want to see it you'll need to switch to test (You so that in settings)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ohhhhh. I interpreted today's FGU project update bulletin as meaning it was live. I think the wording was vague.

Thanks for clarifying!

Thread Information