5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 28 of 30 First ... 182627282930 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    could you also add the functionality of removing proficiencies as options are chosen. for example if someone chooses proficiencies from their race or class the options get removed as choices later on.
    You always have great ideas Dicey, but right now I just am looking for a smooth release.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    You always have great ideas Dicey, but right now I just am looking for a smooth release.
    write it down somewhere. thats all im asking ha ha

Is the screen supposed to be shared? or can it be shared. I have a player connected and was going to walk them through creating a character. If I open the wizard, they don't see it, if they open it I don't see it. Is this as intended? or did I miss a memo? I have a bunch of NEW players that need guidance.
    Thanks
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    FG does not share the screen. It shares the environment. The only thing that gets visually shared are images, and that is only once, each player can move/zoom/close a shared image window once shared and the GM can not control what others see.

I would use Discord if you want to screen share what someone is looking at in FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any built in mechanism before assuming that there wasn't.
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Do we know if Character Wizard will be included in tomorrow's update as previously mentioned so I can remove it before the update is ran?

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Do we know if Character Wizard will be included in tomorrow's update as previously mentioned so I can remove it before the update is ran?
    Yes, it should be live now.

just for point of reference its not adding save proficiencies.

I have some feedback from a session 0 I ran the other night. This was the first time using the character wizard. It was the first FG experience for the players. I'm not far ahead of them.

Some of the feedback below can be chalked up to the lack of Fantasy Grounds experience by the DM (me) and the players. The players have played D&D 5e before and more or less knew what they wanted. Based on my inexperience, I didn't always remember or know how to get them there.

- Rogue build: had a hard time finding thieves' tools, the disguise kit, and thieves' cant. Took a while to find the Half-elf Variant, was expecting it to be selected *after* choose Half-elf. Also had difficulty finding how to do Expertise. (I later found/remembered doubling the proficiency by clicking more.)

- Warlock build: wanted to be a Pirate but could not add it because of a Proficiency conflict, could not find Trinket in the equipment/gear list. For Pirate, ended up choosing a different archetype and then coming back to change it to Pirate in the character sheet. However, we also had to figure out you couldn't just type/auto-complete "Pirate" in that field, but had to drag it from the sourcebook. Would have been nice to have a list of archetypes across all currently-open sourcebooks rather than having to hunt for it.

- Barbarian build: had trouble finding breath weapon and Barbarian rage.

- No "are you sure?" warning before closing a character that was in progress resulted in two lost characters that had to be rebuilt. Too easy to close the window with the close box (X) or the radial menu.

- Would like to have a way to save a character in progress. Auto-save preferred (I notice even the forums here do that). (Would this make the in-progress character available for the DM to review?)

- On the plus side, since we used dice rolls for ability scores, having them in the chat history helped immensely when having to re-build a character from a window that was closed.

- Would like to be able to have the player share progress with the DM for review/questions, without screen sharing in something like Discord.

- Would be helpful for the DM and players to be able to return to the character wizard to modify or update a character, instead of using the character sheet.

- Would like to have a way to save/print/export a character sheet for players to review between sessions. This might ease the transition for those used to DNDBeyond, where players are used to being able to access their PC at any time.

- Would like to be able to set some table-wide rules, like how (which method to use) to generate ability scores. Or at least initial defaults, like choosing "point buy."

Thanks, I hope this feedback helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    just for point of reference its not adding save proficiencies.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at them.

Thread Information