DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 30 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mrengine View Post
    Great character wizard in the works. Very helpful and nicely put together.

One issue I think I found...if I make a Dragonborn it does not create a racial breath weapon combat action. Reading the known issues does this fall under those?
    Even without the Wizard this doesn't get created. You need to create it yourself.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I like to use charachter manager to create charachters as a player so i can just upload them when connected to someone elses table but after using the extension in the charachter management area i hit save and it opened a blank pc and not the one i just created

Thanks Zacchaeus, I thought this might be the case. Not that it changes things but I'll vent here that part of my problems of learning DD5e/Fantasy Grounds has been that I am trying to correlate everything I read from the manuals (Players Handbook, etc) to functions within Fantasy grounds and there are many mechanics I am coming up against as I learn about the systems that just are not incorporated either into the FG software or other sources. Things like versatile weapons, Dragonborn breath, Barbarian Rage (and likely more but that's just a few I have noticed so far). I have also discovered many extensions that good people have shared that fill in some of these missing elements but it just seems like rulesets are not fully fleshed out/automated. Sure this can be a bonus too as the functionality to write custom effects exists and allows for more customization but it sure is hard on someone who is trying to utilize the 5E manuals/FG software...and learn. I have spent many hours travelling down various rabbit holes trying to figure out some things that would be much more conducive to learning if the complete bones/mechanics of a particular ruleset were fully complete and automated and THEN go off on great customization paths as you gain knowledge of the systems/software.

I do think Fantasy Grounds rocks though....just not nearly the most intuitive thing for newbies like myself to get a handle on...and this character wizard extension is great so far, I just have to better understand it's and FG's automated limits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingcrow60 View Post
    Great concept! I look forward to seeing this develop further. Would be nice to have the ability to fully randomize the complete character creation process. I would like to be able to roll randomly for race, class and background from the available options (based on the content the user has installed) as well as additional features with each of the subsections below:

Race: would like to have expanded menu for choosing or randomly rolling for gender, age, height, weight, skin color, eye color and eye color

Class: would like to have option to create character at any level rather than just level 1.

Background: would like to have expanded menu for choosing or randomly rolling for alignment, deity, personality traits, ideals, bonds, flaws and any optional background choices (i.e. skill proficiency, tool proficiency, language, etc.). Also, provide option to choose either standard starting equipment or starting gold depending on class/background chosen.
    It doesn't use the Wizard, but I already believe someone on the community, either here ont he forums or on the www.DMsGuild.com have a module that does this. Or at least something close. I've never used it though, so not sure (just something from my memory.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haer View Post
    Ok i must be dumb, but where do i download this extension? I see the attached file and paper clip image, but theres nothing to click on to download the extension? Thanks for any help.
    You don't see the 5eCharGen.ext undernearth? I simply clicked on that and it downloaded for me

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.29.53.png

New version 0.3.0526 has been added.

I focused solely on fixing crash and final output errors in an attempt to get base stability to the point where I can move on to fixing the data errors. Let me know if it has any further crash issues, folks.

Thanks!
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; May 26th, 2020 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    New version has been added.

I focused solely on fixing crash and final output errors in an attempt to get base stability to the point where I can move on to fixing the data errors. Let me know if it has any further crash issues, folks.

Thanks!
    i still get an error. im on fgunity. everytime i click any option i get this error message. [Bug]

Screenshot_6.png

also i have a suggestion for the ui [UI]

can we condense the race list more? so for say human when you click on human you have sub race variant - all the marks etc etc or any race that has variants to be under the main heading of the main race. it makes it more organised. and it would be nice if when you click an option a description box defacto appears explaning the race properties. and back story etc. with the art.

Quote Originally Posted by mshall View Post
    Sorry for repeating (post #84 in this thread) -- I did list some WOTC material that is not pulled in, so per your note would be a "bug."

Elf shows subrace choices of Dark Elf (Drow), High Elf and Woof Elf.
    Missing from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes= Eladrin, Sea Elf, and Shadar-Kai
    Missing from Sword Coast Adventurers Guide = Moon Elf, Sun Elf

Dwarf shows subrace choices of Hill and Mountain
    Missing from SCAG = Gray, Gold, and Shield Dwarves

(sorry if you replied previously to that post, this thread is pretty active and it is easy for me to miss something).
    As long as there are no major issues with the stability update I just posted, this is my primary focus this week; making sure all race data is presented and accurate. Not just race/subrace choice availability, but other race data issues posted previously.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; May 26th, 2020 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    i still get an error. im on fgunity. everytime i click any option i get this error message. [Bug]

Screenshot_6.png
    Have you tried it with just the PHB module? I am not getting this error.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Have you tried it with just the PHB module? I am not getting this error.
    yeh i unloaded all of them and then just did the phb still getting the error. Screenshot_7.jpg

Thread Information