Starfinder Playlist

FGU Frustrations

Our party is thinking about switching from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds so we tried a test game using PathFinder 2e this weekend and it was not pretty.

Severe lag whenever you open the spell book or any large list or opening a character sheet the first time.

Duplicate tokens appearing on the map after you moved.

Tokens randomly losing their targets causing automatic effects to get applied wrong. Targeting tokens seemed overly difficult.

Selection issue if any token or pointers overlapped each other it was very difficult to select what you want.

Pathfinder PHB incomplete implementation, most spell have to be modified to work correctly. No way to check a DC against anything but AC ie things like Trip, Feint etc have to dealt with by hand. Level ups do not update everything.

Reactions do not fit well.

Spells that have both save and attack parse backwards in the chat window with the saves happening first then the attack which is super confusing to read.

Chat log is very hard to parse. All action text is in purple and it is very hard to see who is doing what in the window since all the actions blend especially when a single action has lots of effects or you attack multiple targets.

The temp Modifier bonus is always untyped making it always stack.

Characters could move other characters token accidently.

No support for areas effects expect to draw it on the map and/or hand select

PF2e is a fairly new rule set in regards to FG, implementation and functionality will improve over time. Unity is still BETA. Not sure if that means anything, but it is not finished yet. It improves daily if not, weekly. I experience the lag and such, as it has not been fully optimized yet. Your pain is shared by most, but it takes time to get used to all the features of FG and the changes keep on coming in Beta. "Be Extra Tolerant Always"=Beta. Most experienced FG users know that Beta is not the time to move over a campaign or run a full on campaign, maybe some one shots for now, however, people are still doing it.

Perhaps you might want to report some of these errors in a bit more formal manner? How long have you been using FG? Are you using a Mac by chance? Have you the known issues in these threads? Do you have any error logs or data to share with the devs?

Some of these issues might already be known?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Welcome I'm sure the devs will appreciate the honest and constructive feedback. Let me see if I can help at all.

Lag and performance are known issues and are actively being worked. Esp with PF and PF2e as these sources have lots of object records of the various types. A few things you might be able to do in the meantime;
    - Don't load resources/modules you don't need. i.e. the GM usually doesn't need the character creation resources and may not need additional bestiaries etc when actually playing.
    - "Pre-load" things when you can by clicking on the object list windows to open them before your players join.
    - Use the arrow keys to move tokens rather than dragging. This greatly reduces the number of LOS calculations that need to be done.

Tokens. This can take some getting used to as the behavior is different than Roll20. Make sure all PC and NPC tokens are added to maps via the Combat Tracker. Token stacking with each other and pointers is a challenge. Just something I've gotten used to. Not sure how they will develop a better solution, but I suspect they will if they can. And FG defaults to trusting the players, hence why any player can move any other player's tokens. Token locking and movement restrictions should be implemented after full release, but the Devs are looking to improve upon how FGC does it and have not yet stated (or decided?) on their final solution yet.

All the Ruleset specific stuff would best be discussed with those who know the ruleset best, and you will find those folks in this sub-forum; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Pathfinder-2-0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information