STAR TREK 2d20

Splitting Stacks of Items in Inventory

I'm trying to build out a character sheet complete with info on what is where -- talismans that are affixed (and thus require investiture) vs talismans that aren't, etc etc. A common pattern might be having 4 healing potions in a bandolier, and 4 identical healing potions in a backpack.

Problem: I can't figure out how to split a stack. If I drag a second copy of the item in, it's automatically merged with the existing item. I had to work around this by renaming my belt pouches 'left' and 'right' so I could lodge gear in them, but this is just getting worse and worse as I continue.

How do I split stacks in inventory?

I've wondered this myself. I had assumed it wasn't possible, but I hope I'm wrong.

It isn't possible. You'll need to give things different names if you want to split them up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In the inventory tab, I believe you can designate where the items go, and we will say 2-bandolier and 3-bag of holding (which is in backpack or on belt)

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    In the inventory tab, I believe you can designate where the items go, and we will say 2-bandolier and 3-bag of holding (which is in backpack or on belt)
    That would be the feature that requires me to split stacks.

Rename it temporary, drag it to the inventory from Items, rename again. Don't forget to lower the amount in the original stack. Now you have two entries.

Had the same issue, found this thread while looking for a more elegant solution.

Thread Information