5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Screen Freezing

Screen Freezing

Hey everyone, my screen is freezing up and says not responding after I load a map. Every time I go to change the map or move something it freezes. The game freezes and says not responding. It has done this four times after rebooting computer and reloading. I have check internet and it is solid. Happens with another person on laptop in the same house. Thanks for any help

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to House of Healing

Welcome!

What version of FG are you using?
    What Ruleset?
    What Extensions?
    What Modules do you have loaded?
    How long does FG freeze for?
    Which map?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am doing Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.0
    DND 5e
    Lands of Phandelver
    Ruins of Thundertree

I just uninstalled and reinstalling the whole program now to see if that works.

I just reinstalled and loaded it. I haven't loaded up map yet but I noticed I have been getting this everytime I load fantasy grounds unity now (I never got this before today)

[5/17/2020 4:01:31 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-14)
    [5/17/2020 4:01:31 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/17/2020 4:01:43 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Database restore point found. Saved as new backup file (C:/Users/Brucewayneis007/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Lost Mines - Test/db.backup.637253281033832528.xml)
    [5/17/2020 4:01:43 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.0.7:1802) (fe80::eda0:13ce:6f5b:2a26:1802)]
    [5/17/2020 4:01:43 PM] Game server started. [192.168.0.7:1802]
    [5/17/2020 4:01:43 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [5/17/2020 4:01:43 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [5/17/2020 4:01:55 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
    [5/17/2020 4:01:59 PM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/17/2020 4:01:59 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/17/2020 4:01:59 PM] EXTENSION: Custom desktop decal\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Blog Entries
    It means the last time FG exited it did not do so cleanly and it made a backup file for you in case data is missing. Assuming everything you need/want is in your campaign, then don't worry about it and it won't appear next time.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok
    We're still having some issues. Sorry if this is what you just explained to us but our current working theory is that when one of us crashes they're trying to log back in. Once, they log back in the my fantasy grounds crashes.

It seems the issue is on my side. I'm the aforementioned player. I'm at the same house as the dm (BruceWayneis007). The current issue is that every time I click on a map and try to move my character after a certain point fantasy grounds stop responding. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall fantasy grounds and see if that fixes anything.

Everything in working order now. I don't really know what happened but after I uninstalled and reinstalled I opened it up once and got an error message that showed up in a separate tab that fantasy ground with the fantasy ground icon that error code over it. Then it closed out of Fantasy Grounds and I reopened it and everything working now.
    I'm sure that was a little confusing but for whatever the problem was it seemed that uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    If it's happening on a map with tokens and LOS enabled, are you using the mouse to drag the token? This has been reported by others (I've had the issue a couple times myself). Instead of dragging the token, use the arrow keys to move the tokens. See if that helps.

Also, let us know what map you are having this issue with. Including number of tokens and other info.

Having the same problem using LOS feature: DND 5e Lands of Phandelver using dev version 5-15.
    Ruins of Thundertree is the worst map, can crash with just two PC load and moving around. cragmaw castle and redband hideout can crash from time to time. Cragmaw Hideout seems to always works.
    It seems to be a math computation error, large stored values, or buff overflow. The more the token seen(in LOS markers) and the further it moves away from LOS markers the slow pc and can cause a app crash. When you click a new token it slows down the more it sees. Unbounded LOS maps like out door maps are the worst. Also having a PC token move far off the map seem to cause problems too. Maybe the sharp angles.
    This also happens in thundertree note the vision going pass the block loss lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Del Muerte; May 18th, 2020 at 07:32.

Thread Information