Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 57 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Hi everyone, first off I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this/I am just being a goof, I've been using Fantasy Grounds for almost a year now, but have never messed around with downloading external themes and such. I really really really like these themes you've come up with. I love how sleek they are, and the fact that they're just nice looking dark themes. I started looking for a new theme because me and some friends are going to start playing Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition, and I experienced a graphical issue with the base FG dark theme.

In the base dark theme, and any other dark theme I've had the opportunity to try so far, there is only one major issue. While using the reference material provided through the ruleset/reference/investigator's handbook, very specific text boxes with the same tan-like background become unreadable, because dark themes tend to have lighter text coloring. I honestly would hate to have to play in a lighter theme, just because we tend to play late at night usually, so I was just curious if you or anyone had any suggestions about the possibility of maybe switching out the background graphic that is used for those specific sections? I'm not sure if that is something that can be easily done on my side or not, I looked into the process of editing an existing theme, converting the ext file to a zip file and looking through there, but I can't seem to find any phrasing that would indicate a texture for that specific graphic.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 023022.png

Again, if this isn't really the place/this is kind of a dumb or rude question in any way I apologize, just curious if this had an explanation that my newbie brain could understand, and if this was even a possible fix.

First and foremost: There are no stupid questions!

The problem you encountered is known to me and has been brought to my attention before. The used graphics are called refblock_page, refblock_yellow, refblock_pink and so on. Changing this is easy, and something that will be done with my themes.

You come at the right time, as I have my long awaited 1 week holidays coming. During that time I will bring the theme (hearth edition for now) up to snuff, with support for a lot of extensions included. I will make extra sure to have the ref manual backgrounds adjusted properly.

Thanks for the praise, makes me very happy that you like what I came up with. Await V 2.0 by the end of next week.

Cheers Sir Motte
    Last edited by SirMotte; April 6th, 2021 at 23:34.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

I appreciate the response! It is very much an awesome theme, it makes everything look super clean in play. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give off a tone of entitlement or such in my post. I know that when it comes to community-made things such as this, it can be very easy for individuals to seem entitled or demanding of creators, as if making their respective projects/products is a full time thing and that they aren't humans behind the creator's screen name or such.

I absolutely love seeing community-made content, and while I love to glance through community-made content on forums like this, DMSGuild, Reddit, etc., but I almost never end up making posts or comments.

I am eager to see any updates made to it, and once again I appreciate the response!

Great work!
    Definitely following this thread!

Sneak Peek

Here's a little sneak peek at the current state of V2.0 of the Hearth Theme.
    Not sure if I can make the deadline tomorrow, but a beta will be available at least.

Hearth_2.0_Preview.png

Cheers
    Sir Motte

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Not sure if I can make the deadline tomorrow, but a beta will be available at least.

Hearth_2.0_Preview.png

Cheers
    Sir Motte
    Looks great! No rush, you're doing amazing work!!

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post

Hearth_2.0_Preview.png

Cheers
    Sir Motte
    Wow, Sir Motte, it looks amazing... Take your time. When it's ready, it's ready! :- )

Update to Alpha 2.0

Hey there,

it's been a while and I hope your patience with me will be worthwhile.
    Though still only an Alpha, I feel like the theme has mad a huge step forward, enough to warrant a 2.0 versioning number jump.
    I pretty much rebuilt it from the ground up and improved it where I deemed necessary. I hope you like it.

I release this alpha because I want to have feedback on the color choices and overall mood.
    Please don't focus on areas that are not done yet, as they should be known to me already.

Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated and helps me a lot.

Unfortunately for the time being I won't support the old Editions anymore until I have a fully functional template to work with.
    Additionally no extension support is yet included.

Grab yourself the alpha on page #1 and shower me with praise or pour scorn on me, just make sure to do so here, where I can read it !

Best
    Sir Motte
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 21st, 2021 at 20:14.

Hey SirMotte,

The Alpha is looking to be in a pretty good state right now. I did some playing around with it last night to get more of a feel for it after providing my initial impressions. Here's some additional feelings:

- The icons are in a great state on the character sheets. Subtle, yet noticeable and I like that I can separate them at a glance by color
    - The combat tracker is bang on where it needs to be in my opinion. I'm sure you'll continue to make tweaks anyways, but I'm really liking the subtle coloration and the turn marker looks good
    - Font choice and size is in a good place for me, I can read and understand clearly. Roboto is a great choice for a simple sans serif that gets the job done and gets out of the way
    - I maintain that the new thicker black stroke on windows is great for clarity and visual separation
    - One icon I'm not completely sold on is when deleting something, you click the trash can and it becomes a question mark and you click again to confirm the delete, overall this is "fine" but a bit too subtle as it took me a second to remember that I had to click again to delete and the question mark icon wasn't varied enough for me to immediately realize. Not sure if there is a solve on this one or if it's fine and I'm just picky. Maybe a subtle color change is in order for the question mark icon?
    - The party window is in a fantastic state for me. Really liking the look and color choices there

Overall it's looking like it's on the road to be a worthy update. I know these take a lot of work so I'm appreciative of your efforts and excited to see what you have in store for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYKMatter View Post
    Hey SirMotte,

The Alpha is looking to be in a pretty good state right now. I did some playing around with it last night to get more of a feel for it after providing my initial impressions. Here's some additional feelings:

- The icons are in a great state on the character sheets. Subtle, yet noticeable and I like that I can separate them at a glance by color
    - The combat tracker is bang on where it needs to be in my opinion. I'm sure you'll continue to make tweaks anyways, but I'm really liking the subtle coloration and the turn marker looks good
    - Font choice and size is in a good place for me, I can read and understand clearly. Roboto is a great choice for a simple sans serif that gets the job done and gets out of the way
    - I maintain that the new thicker black stroke on windows is great for clarity and visual separation
    - One icon I'm not completely sold on is when deleting something, you click the trash can and it becomes a question mark and you click again to confirm the delete, overall this is "fine" but a bit too subtle as it took me a second to remember that I had to click again to delete and the question mark icon wasn't varied enough for me to immediately realize. Not sure if there is a solve on this one or if it's fine and I'm just picky. Maybe a subtle color change is in order for the question mark icon?
    - The party window is in a fantastic state for me. Really liking the look and color choices there

Overall it's looking like it's on the road to be a worthy update. I know these take a lot of work so I'm appreciative of your efforts and excited to see what you have in store for the rest.
    Excellent Feedback, thank you.
    I have uploaded a new version with an adjusted delete button and new link icons, no version change or anything, just minor improvements like slightly stronger borders for some action icons and the like.
    No need do re-download unless you really want to.

I'm working on extension support right now, which will push us to beta, once done.

Cheers
    Last edited by SirMotte; April 13th, 2021 at 00:12.

Thread Information