DMsGuild Classic
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

[Theme] 5E - SirMotte's Magnificent Darkness

Current Version: Beta 2.8 - Assassin's Spoon
    Latest detailed changelog - June 13th, 2021
    More Icons added, finally adjusted image window + 3 new extensions supported.

You can find me on Discord using Sir Motte#1305, the Grim Press or Fantasy Grounds Channel, or message me here directly

Supported Rulesets

• Dungeons and Dragons 5E - Mostly done
    • Pathfinder 2E - WIP
    • Other Rulesets might work to some degree, but expect oddities to occur.

Special Contributors

Big shout-out to MeAndUnique and Saagael for their invaluable help with .xml and .lua code.
    Without them this theme wouldn't evolve any further, so make sure to shower them with praise! <3.

Foreword

Hello fellow Adventurers,
    I proudly present to you my take on a dark, reduced and calm Fantasy Grounds Unity user-interface for Dungeons and Dragons 5E.
    I tried my best to make it look more modern (within the limitations of FGU) and support most available extensions.
    It is useful if you tend to play in dimmed light conditions and don't want to melt your eyes with the rather bright official themes.
    The theme was developed at 120 cd/m screen brightness in AdobeRGB color space.
    Most monitors ship with brighter factory settings and can't use the full Adobe Color spectrum, so what you look at probably doesn't look like I had intended it to.

Features

• Total visual support for other extensions. I adjust all graphics and fonts they come with to play nicely with my theme!
    • Reduced, dark color palette.
    • Eye-friendly contrasts for good readability even with small fonts (at least 7:1).
    • Redone UI elements. No soft edges, no rounded corners, no 3D Effects, no textures - simple, flat and clear.
    • Fonts replaced with Roboto Sans.
    • Font sizes and colors adjusted.
    • Color Coded Action Buttons for ease of use.
    • Script enhanced radial menu that features more unique icons than normally possible. Big thank you to Saagael.
    • Removed link Icons in Hotkey Bar - brought to you by MeAndUnique!
      -> You have to re-link already placed hotkey links to make the icon disappear.

Image Preview

Hearth_v_2.7.jpg

Video Preview (outdated)

Supported Extensions

I try my best to make all available extensions visually compatible (there should be no code related problems). Not all extensions need dedicated support though, only those that add custom graphics assets and font colors.
    If an extension you use is not on this list, chances are it doesn't need extra treatment and works out of the box. If not, shoot me a message and I will take a look.

Grim Press:

• Polymorphism by Silent Ruin
    • Combat Groups by Silent Ruin
    • Map Parcel by Silent Ruin
    • Generic Actions by Silent Ruin
    • Equipped Effects by Silent Ruin
    • Assistant GM by Silent Ruin
    • Generic Actions by Silent Ruin

Team Twohy:

• Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks
    • Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display
    • Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Journal
    • Mad Nomad's Coin Manager
    • Mad Nomad's Party Combat Stats
    • Mad Nomad's Enhanced Encounter Window
    • Mad Nomad's Consumable Items
    • Portals Revamped by DiabloBob
    • NPC Random Treasure Drops by pr6i6est (Troy Monteith)
    • Automatic Record Links by pr6i6est (Troy Monteith)
    • 5E - Coin Converter by mattekure
    • Easy Lights by mattekure (update needed)
    • Toggle Effect Lights by mattekure

Free Extensions:

• Death Indicator Ex by Silent Ruin
    • Player Agency by damned
    • Sharing is Caring by damned
    • Halt! by damned
    • ReadyCheck by Celestian
    • Audio Overseer by Celestian
    • RFIA - Roll for Initiative Addon by Houndy
    • Floating Tabs by Scried Raven
    • Constitutional Amendmends by MeAndUnique
    • Extended Rest by MeAndUnique
    • Colorful Language by MeAndUnique
    • Combat Highlighter by DaddyOgreman / Ogremandude
    • Attunement Tracker by DMSanctum
    • Extended Language Fonts by Mattekure
    • Sign Language Fonts by Mattekure
    • TTRPG Safety Toolkit by Mattekure
    • Golarion Languages and Fonts by mattekure and callum
    • Token Height Indication by GKEnialb
    • Local Dice Tower by Thomas Delaplain (Minty23185Fresh)
    • Clock Adjuster by pr6i6est (Troy Monteith) and bmos (Icons only)
      -> Make sure to get the updated version by bmos found in the Clock Adjuster thread!
    • Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater
    • 5E Legendary Assistant by Stv
    • Combat Timer by Zygmunt Molotch
    • Theater of Mind by superteddy57

Compatibility Information

Supported extensions are not necessarily compatible with each other. You have to make sure of this yourself.

• If you are using Better Menus by Celestian, make it load after my Theme by adjusting the loadorder to 1501 or higher.
    • Font extensions have to use a loadorder of 1501 or higher to overwrite my theme. If they include font color code, they will overwrite mine though.

In general it is advised to have my theme load last at all times, but for special cases like this.

Planned Features and known Problems

Please see the GitHub project file for information on what's going on with the theme.

Get Involved

Tell me what you think of the Theme, voice your opinions, make requests, don't be shy!
    Found an Error? Please see post #3 below.

The troops need coffee M'lord! Want to sponsor the war effort?
    PayPal War Chest

Want to gift me something on Dungeon Masters Guild instead?
    Here's my DMsG E-Mail
    And here you can find my Wishlist for FGU Extensions
    and my Wishlist for Maps (ofc I don't wish for the whole bundles, single maps are perfectly fine!)

Hall of Fame

• Whispers in the kings hall, the traveling bards, puffers on the street, voices at the regulars' table, the birds in the trees; They all sing praise to the one Aridhro, who made sure the army's soldiers won't use adrenaline during battle, but solely move on caffeine alone.
    • The warriors raise a freshly brewed toast to cmtpcm, who contributed to the cause with a large gift of coffee!
    • The Valkyries cheer, for their master has spread his wealth and name to support the cause. MadNomad!
    • Hushed voices whisper a glorious name. A supporter that aided the cause! Did you hear it too?
    • The heavens sing of a name, angelic and pure, an euphony to ears and heart. Its wielder brought gifts from the storytellers wares!
    • The scribes bow their heads in awe to, MeAndUnique, Saagael, mattekure, Superteddy57, Styrmir, damned and Trenloe for their help and ingenuity with complex scripture.
    • Wisdom poured by CMYKMatter and Drowbe helps the eye stay focused.

Enjoy!

Sir Motte

Download and Project files

Release Branch - Github Download

Dev Branch - Github Download - Expect oddities like missing graphics or unfinished stuff if you decide to use this version.
    You can find the Theme Projectpage on Github.
    You can follow my To-Do List and Progress here.

How to Install

Download the .ext file from Github and put it into the extensions folder inside your FGU data folder. Start FGU and activate the extension in the launcher on the campaign details page (Theme: Hearth).
    Last edited by SirMotte; Today at 19:07.

Reporting Issues

Visual:
    Either describe where and what, and/or simply send a screenshot that illustrates the problem.

Technical:

• FGC or FGU?
      - FGC: There is no support by me, sorry, the theme is purely FGU based.
      - FGU: Did you make sure my Theme loads after other extensions? It uses a loadorder value of 1500. In rare cases other extensions need to load after my theme (like Better Menus).

• Are you on the latest version of FG and the Theme?

• Are you sure you don't have duplicates in the extension folder or other themes active at the same time?

• Are you using the 5E ruleset?
      - Yes: Read below
      - No: Right now I do not work on other rulesets but for basic Pathfinder 2E support, but please report here anyway. I just might fix it, if it's not difficult to do so.

• Have an Error-Log?
      use /console in chat to bring up the console again in case you closed it already.
    • Got me a screenshot?

• Are you using other extensions?
      - Yes: Does the error still occur when you disable all other extensions?
      - Yes: What is/are the conflicting extension/s?
      - No: Read below

• When does the error occur and is it tied to a specific interface component?

• Is the error reliably reproducible?
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 11th, 2021 at 19:51.

Great work there.

Well it’s certainly dark
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Great work there.
    Thanks! It will only get better .

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well it’s certainly dark
    Yes it is! I added some information on screen brightness, as this theme is very sensitive in this regard.
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 18th, 2020 at 02:35.

Funny how a skin change can make something look 'old' or 'modern'. This looks modern.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Funny how a skin change can make something look 'old' or 'modern'. This looks modern.
    Thank you very much. I'm kinda shooting for a more modern look.
    Later down the line I may introduce a version that is a little bite more dynamic, talking simple color gradients and the like. No promises though .
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 18th, 2020 at 20:48.

Update to v0.7

- Added missing Icons (still some to be done)
    - minor changes to colors
    - minor changes to icons
    - changes to font sizes
    - changes to font colors
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 24th, 2020 at 20:26.

Looking good! I'll have to give it a try.

Thread Information