5E Character Create Playlist
Page 34 of 57 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Update to Beta 2.9.11 - Penpot and Lunacy

Announcement:
    This weeks update is now live on the Forge and GitHub.

It entails small modifications to very frequently used buttons, to make them stand out more and be in line with other buttons as well.
    Please tell me what you think of it.

Other than those there are no major changes or additions, as I had little time to work on it.
    The next update will be a little bigger and hopefully address some lingering issues with the 4E and DnD Classic Rulesets.

Enjoy!
    Sir Motte

Changelog Theme Elements:

• Replaced the hidden roll GM icon with text to be better to understand.
    • Changed systemfont from font style black to bold again, to be better readable.
    • Re-added proper button down state for cogwheel that replaced the magnifying glass. (Thanks to MrDDT for bringing that up).
    • Re-made several flat icons to be clearly interactable.
    • Enlarged the eye open closed icon to better fit their new frame in the CT.

Super detailed Github Changelog

Download:

Fantasy Grounds Forge
    (Run an update using the FG Client if you're already subscribed):
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/12/view

GitHub:
    https://github.com/SirMotte/FGU-Theme-Hearth/releases
    Last edited by SirMotte; September 25th, 2022 at 23:44.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

A closed eye is pretty universal in fantasy grounds for visible stuff. Can't that just be used for hidden rolls? the text box is pretty jarring.

Also, I'm not sure if it is your theme but Asset folder icons seem to be missing for me. I've done *zero* testing LOL.

Hi SirMotte,
    I can confirm the empty icon in Asset Folder (tested in a new campaign without any extension loaded) as per attached image..
    Assets.PNG
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    A closed eye is pretty universal in fantasy grounds for visible stuff. Can't that just be used for hidden rolls? the text box is pretty jarring.
    Also, I'm not sure if it is your theme but Asset folder icons seem to be missing for me. I've done *zero* testing LOL.
    I had reports of people not understanding this / be confused, that it's not a button like all the other ones as well. Therefore I decided to change it up. I might try a more subtle approach again, but I couldn't find anything that worked better until now. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    Hi SirMotte,
    I can confirm the empty icon in Asset Folder (tested in a new campaign without any extension loaded) as per attached image..
    Assets.PNG
    Gotcha, fixed with the next update. Thanks for reporting, accidentally overwrote this with a frame graphic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirMotte; September 29th, 2022 at 22:38.

I always thought the folders were intended like that

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Ok, to avoid that how about an opened eye with a circle+slash covering it to keep the visible theme.

Or a red lock like assets in a module, those can't be opened.

Or a picture of the dice tower since those are hidden. That's more cryptic though

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Gotcha, fixed with the next update. Thanks for reporting, accidentally overwrote this with a frame graphic.
    I always noticed but figure it was a paltry price to pay for your theme

Look forward to the next update then - when?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    Ok, to avoid that how about an opened eye with a circle+slash covering it to keep the visible theme.

Or a red lock like assets in a module, those can't be opened.

Or a picture of the dice tower since those are hidden. That's more cryptic though
    I like all these.

I've heard a lot of people saying the red icon with the black eye lashes were hard to understand what it was meaning or what it even was, most people thought it was a red coin to be honest when I asked DMs for my west marches group.

I think all these ideas are good too. I think it is for sure much easier to understand, however, I do agree with you ghen, that it also breaks out of the concept of removing the look of the theme as a whole.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Update to Beta 2.9.12 - Dancing Homunculus + Hotfix

Announcement:

Thanks for all the feedback, highly appreciated. Please bring anything that bugs you, or that confuses DMs and Players alike to my attention, no matter how unimportant it may seem!

Tiny fix for a few UI issues. It doesn't really warrant a version change, but for the sake of consistency, it is now 2.9.12.
    No news on the 4E support front.

I'm hard at work creating a "Penpot" Design File that will make it fairly easy to create your own Editions of Hearth Theme, and enable me to easily create the old editions again and some more.
    Hidden from the spotlight, functionality created by the one and only MeAndUnique streamlines the process with super smart scripts to ease the workload a lot. Stay tuned.

Changelog Theme Elements:
    • Fixed Tokenbag asset icon not showing correctly
    • Exchanged all closed eye symbols with the same icon as the opened eye, only color indicates the state now. Reinstated eye symbol in the chat instead of the "hidden roll" text to be less obtrusive and in line with everything else.
      I'm still unsure about how to approach this in another way, since the menu item is not a button. Adding a square or circle around the eye symbol like I do for most klick-able ui elements isn't possible, because of the way it is implemented into the ui. If I did this, it wouldn't be discernible at all.
    • Removed Window Headers.

Download:

Fantasy Grounds Forge
    (Run an update using the FG Client if you're already subscribed):
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/12/view

GitHub:
    https://github.com/SirMotte/FGU-Theme-Hearth/releases

Edit: Sneaked in a Hotfix. Forgot to include frame changes that remove the window header from all frames. I always felt they were unnecessary and stretched out of proportion in some windows. This is a rather radical change in comparison to the recent changes, so tell me what you think. In my opinion it removes clutter and helps the eyes to focus on relevant elements.
    Last edited by SirMotte; October 3rd, 2022 at 01:21.

thx for this - it looks great. pulled the latest from the forge (hearth). was wondering if I could get rid of this error. I know I am not using 5e, error is appearing in Mutant Crawl Classics, but figured I would ask...

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 4.00.55 AM.png

Thread Information