FG Spreadshirt Swag

Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder 1st Edition Newb Reporting In

Greetings everyone,

I have a few questions for you all if you would be so inclined to answer.

1) Where can we find information on how to properly enter new spells, equipment, feats and the like into Pathfinder? What I mean: Is there available information on how exactly to correctly enter new spells, feats, weapons, armor etc into the program so that these new additions will be recognized and operated properly within the software during battles and the like? Is there a certain format you need to follow? Entering new items is easy enough, but I would like to make certain that I am entering the information correctly in order to have the database and software run the effects properly...I do not feel like spending a large chunk of my time adding hundreds of new items in the system only to have them not be entered correctly and not be recognized by the program's functions.

Are there any available utilities or software out there that make the process easier / ensure that your new items are properly programmed - formatted?

I have a bunch of physical - hard cover D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms sourcebooks (Races of Faerun, Underdark, Champions of Ruin etc) that I would like to input into the program to give me even more options. I would like to start adding all the spells, feats, classes and other items from those books at some point.

2) How do you include all the newly entered items (feats, classes, races, equipment, spells entered by yourself) into the library of all the items already available to me through the official Pathfinder 1st edition sourcebooks I have purchased?
    Must you add your manually entered items somewhere else or can you just add them into the list of spells, classes, races, feats already available to you in a campaign when you open up all the other modules you want to use for the campaign?

3) I've noticed that the Pathfinder 1st edition library on the Fantasy Grounds site is not complete: you are missing a few of the Bestiaries and other books that are still available elsewhere in the hardcover - soft cover formats.
    Does Fantasy Grounds have any plans to keep releasing new books (I know that they have released that Planar book recently) or is this it (the complete library collection) for 1st edition?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Blog Entries
    1) Not sure. In general it's the same process for most rulesets, but their are always unique things. In general, try to copy an existing thing that works and then editing it to what you want.

2) Create them in a "development" campaign and then export to a module. Then load the module in your 'play' campaign and use them like any other module. See the module creation link in my signature for best practices.

3) Yes. The Paizo license is relatively new and given the huge backlog of PF 1E content, not all of it has been converted yet. It gets converted by community members/developers approved to do so. They get to convert what they want and do not have schedule commitments so their are not estimated dates and in general we don't know exactly what is being worked on.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information