DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to override a framedef in an extension using a second extension

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and experimenting with some simple extensions to get a better understanding of how things work. I'm currently trying to implement this in Fantasy Grounds Unity (in case that matters).

I'm using a Dungeon World extension for MoreCore that I found on one of the forums here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-World-Manual) as my starting point. On top of that I'm using a Curse of Strahd theme/extension for the PFPRG2 that I also found on the forum, although I don't seem to be able to dig that one up again to share a link. I changed the ruleset of this to MoreCore in the extension.xml so that I could load it and it seems to be working as far as I can tell.

What I would like to do is create an extension that modifies the character sheet frame, while not editing the Strahd theme. Essentially, what I have done is:
    1) Make a copy of the Strahd theme and renamed it to bigsdawg_test
    2) From bigsdawg_test I have removed everything except the frameref fields for the character sheet.
    3) Change the loadorder in bigsdawg_test to be 5 higher than the reference Strahd theme that is also being loaded - so that the bigsdawg_test character sheet background takes precedence.

There are now at least two instances of <framedef name="charsheet">, one in Strahd and one in bigsdawg_test. When I load both extensions/themes I don't seem to be able to get mine to be able to take effect. I've tried adding the merge field to bigsdawg_test but it doesn't seem to be working.

Presumably, there's something else that I'm missing... Can anybody provide some pointers?

For reference this is what I have in Strahd:

<framedef name="charsheet">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/charsheet.png" />
    <offset>25,40,25,25</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,7,7</insideoffset>
    </framedef>

and this is what I have in bigsdawg_test (note I had tried without merge= and with merge using replace as well to no obvious effect):

<framedef name="charsheet" merge="resetandadd">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/charsheet.png" />
    <offset>25,40,25,25</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,7,7</insideoffset>
    </framedef>

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Load order is not working as intended in FGU right now.
    Thank you.

From another thread I've since learned that, for the time being, I can label my extensions alphabetically and that seems to work.

I'll have to pay attention to release notes as they come out now!

Thread Information